Josh's City Goblin - 10 XFE Donor

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Interesting how an internet search turns up several different "Lume Brite" sold under various distributors names. I wonder if they are all made by the the same company or if someone screwed up on patent/copywrite protection.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I think I'm going to pull my engine then to clean it up and do the timing kit. That and possibly try out a LSD insert unless I find a great deal on a LSD trans before then.
That's exactly what I'm doing right now haha. I figured I'd try the Lume Bright on something like the trans/engine mount or intake like you did and go from there.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Interesting how an internet search turns up several different "Lume Brite" sold under various distributors names. I wonder if they are all made by the the same company or if someone screwed up on patent/copywrite protection.
Yeah that's why I got confused!

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
The easiest way is to drop it off at your powder coat guy. They can blast it and coat it for an amazing look, but that is likely overkill for an intake manifold like ours that is more hidden than on display.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Any idea's where I should put the last engine stand mount? Do I even need it? I would like to do the far left hole, but there's a locator thing in there. Is that removeable in a way I can reuse it?

jirwin

Goblin Guru
So, here's what I ended up doing. I added a little shim thing as insurance that I 3D printed on the inside of the dowel/locator thing. I'm not sure which I ended up using, but I printed 2 depths. Attached both. Its a tight fit. May need some light sanding or persuasion. Then I took some giant washers I had lying around and hollowed out the center with a dremel. They were already really close to fitting over top. Just took a little more off and they slid on nicely.

After that I mounted the block flipped er over and separated the main from the block. Marked it up a bit more than I intended too at the pry points, but I don't think it will affect anything. Can't believe how soft that aluminum is!

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Does anyone know if there is a torque sequence for the main bolts? There's 20 inner and 10 outer. I just realized that I don't have the 10 outer ones when prepping to measure bearing clearances. Also, how worried would you be about seemingly not perfectly straight main bolts. I ordered the OTTP upgraded main bolts because I didn't want to spend $400 on ARP main studs. I'm not sure if its just me, but they seem to "wobble" in a circle a bit as I thread them in by hand.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Not good if brand new bolts are not concentric/straight and wobble. Just me, but I would be asking questions of OTTP why. I'm thinking the torque may be a little off if the bolt is not clamping perpendicular to the face.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Not good if brand new bolts are not concentric/straight and wobble. Just me, but I would be asking questions of OTTP why. I'm thinking the torque may be a little off if the bolt is not clamping perpendicular to the face.
I'm going to look at it closer tomorrow with a closer eye (maybe roll them on a truly flat surface?) Before I contact OTTP. To be clear, this was just me threading them in by hand without the main cap girdle thing on - just into the block.