Josh's MN Track Goblin #379, 08 LS donor

Jmar1622

Well, figured I'd start this now. Only pictures I've got are the ones from DF. Donor is an '08 LS 2.2 and it's under a fair bit of snow right now. So I've just been trying to plan everything before for the begins. Plan now is to just get it running, then build a new engine with my kids and throw a turbo on it.

lksohm

Welcome!
I assume that MN means you are in Minnesota? If so, we have another upper midwest member.
I have been told that a 2.2 Goblin is not to be underestimated. Is it a manual car or auto?

Jmar1622

Welcome!
I assume that MN means you are in Minnesota? If so, we have another upper midwest member.
I have been told that a 2.2 Goblin is not to be underestimated. Is it a manual car or auto?
Yep, just north of the Twin Cities. It is a Manual.

Jmar1622

Frame and parts are back from powder coat. Cobalt is back. Just need to have the ac drained, then I'm tearing into it.

Jmar1622

Sundays progress:
Started by pulling the hoses. If you bag is missing the slug for pulling them, a chunk of 3/4 inch copper pipe works well. Had a helper for most of the day and ended nearly ready for the engine.

Jmar1622

Got the engine wiring and fuse box done Tuesday. Tried to bump the engine over and got nothing. Dash comes on, throttle body gets power. Wondering if it's the anti-theft.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I think the anti-theft flash's when it's active. I would not expect that to be the problem unless you have a particular reason (you have swapped keys or had problems with ignition switch wiring) to start with that.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
It's not impossible for it to be VATS but there have been very few if any problems with it posted since I've been on here. I rather deal with a wiring issue than VATs. I'll post the starting circuit diagrams this evening. It will probably be something basic like a loose connection or forgotten wire.

Jmar1622

It's not impossible for it to be VATS but there have been very few if any problems with it posted since I've been on here. I rather deal with a wiring issue than VATs. I'll post the starting circuit diagrams this evening. It will probably be something basic like a loose connection or forgotten wire.
Great. Thank you!

Jmar1622

Code reader says it's reading fine, give 2 evap codes. Theft light is on. Tried to get video but cannot post it.