Josh's MN Track Goblin #379, 08 LS donor

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sorry to hear, hopefully his insurance will be paying for the repair? Luckily these parts are not really hard to replace, just an annoyance that your Goblin will be out of commission for a period of time.

Jmar1622

Sorry to hear, hopefully his insurance will be paying for the repair? Luckily these parts are not really hard to replace, just an annoyance that your Goblin will be out of commission for a period of time.
They should, a little nervous how difficult it could be depending on the adjustor/company. But already trying to figure it out with DF so that's a good start

Chris_WNC

I saw your Facebook post too. Can you show a few more pictures of your sun shade? Does it attach with bungees? Any weird whistling or buffeting when traveling at highway speed+20? :D

Jmar1622

I saw your Facebook post too. Can you show a few more pictures of your sun shade? Does it attach with bungees? Any weird whistling or buffeting when traveling at highway speed+20? :D

Held on with bungee. Only thing I had to do was shorten them. Haven't noticed and whistle or flapping yet. I think it's worth it!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Darton sleeves? Did you freeze the sleeves before installing them (easier to press into the block)? Assuming the old sleeves were machined out of block? Have to ask, was this cheaper than purchasing another block, or did you do this to increase bore size?

Jmar1622

Just to beef it up incase I decide to go with more hp. OTTP sleeves, they claim their 200% stronger than stock and able to handle 600hp un supported. No freezing, the old ones pull out and the new ones press in. Ecotec oem style sleeves are very easy to change with the proper tool.