Josh's MN Track Goblin #379, 08 LS donor

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
So the theft deterrent light being on (not going out after a few seconds of the key turning on) indicates there is a problem with the theft deterrent. Here is the circuit diagram for that circuit.
After checking these connections we can figure out the next step.

Attachments

Jmar1622

So the theft deterrent light being on (not going out after a few seconds of the key turning on) indicates there is a problem with the theft deterrent. Here is the circuit diagram for that circuit.
After checking these connections we can figure out the next step.
Ok, thank you. It stayed on solid 15 minutes, then I just shut it off.

Jmar1622

Got no where with the anti theft yet, but sent the video of the dash to friend. I'm getting dashed lines on the display after the mileage goes away. He said it was a canbus wire running from the bcm to the back and its commonly removed by accident. Wondering if anyone has any experience with thus?

Joebob

Goblin Guru
I would intermittently get the security light and what solved it for me was to unplug and plug in all the ignition plugs and the power steering plugs numerous times to ensure a strong connection.

Jmar1622

I would intermittently get the security light and what solved it for me was to unplug and plug in all the ignition plugs and the power steering plugs numerous times to ensure a strong connection.
I'll give it a try, thank you.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You can check the high speed data wires from page 3 here SECTION ‘X’ CONTENTS (aeswave.com)
I'll post the wiring diagrams for the data wires this evening. I just realized the one I posted yesterday doesn't show the connections locations for the data wires at the ECM & BCM so I'll try and include those.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
If you move the levers by hand you will notice the lever on the left in the picture causes the shaft of the lever on the right to move into or out of the transmission. This lever should be the selector for 1-2, 3-4, and 5-R. The lever on the right selects 1, 3, 5 in one direction, 2, 4, R in the other and Neutral in the center detent. Another of checking is to move the lever on the right into the center detent and rotate the transmission output shaft - it should turn if it's in Neutral. Moving this same lever in either direction will engage a gear (3 or 4) and the output shaft shouldn't turn. This assuming the transmission is mounted to the engine.

The left transmission lever in the photo is connected to shifter point that moves when the shifter lever is moved side to side. The right transmission lever in the photo is connected to the shifter point when it is moved fore and aft.