Josh's MN Track Goblin #379, 08 LS donor

Jmar1622

If you move the levers by hand you will notice the lever on the left in the picture causes the shaft of the lever on the right to move into or out of the transmission. This lever should be the selector for 1-2, 3-4, and 5-R. The lever on the right selects 1, 3, 5 in one direction, 2, 4, R in the other and Neutral in the center detent. Another of checking is to move the lever on the right into the center detent and rotate the transmission output shaft - it should turn if it's in Neutral. Moving this same lever in either direction will engage a gear (3 or 4) and the output shaft shouldn't turn. This assuming the transmission is mounted to the engine.

The left transmission lever in the photo is connected to shifter point that moves when the shifter lever is moved side to side. The right transmission lever in the photo is connected to the shifter point when it is moved fore and aft.
Thank you!

Jmar1622

Is there a relay for hi/low beam headlights? If so, think it's the circled one? I'm not getting any change, there's an audible click from the fuse box and the lights flash off for a sec when going from hi beam setting to low beam.

Sluggonaut

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure about the 2008's, but I know on my 2007 the relays are PCB (printed circuit board) relays and not serviceable. If the PCB relays go bad it means a new fusebox.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
If you don't want to replace the fuse box, it's possible to use separate relays controlled by the BCM to power the lights.

KingChuck24

Definitely a possibility. I don't get south toon much, but I was thinking we should do a meet or cruise. There's a few goblins in MN now.
Ya for sure, not too many of them are active on the forums but I'm sure we could put something together.

Jmar1622

Working on the spring projects. Carbon fiber dash is in with my new button panel. New radio is installed. Need to finish a little wiring and fitment. Then finish up my new taillight idea and hinged hood.