JS City Goblin - 2010 LS

JSATX

Goblin Guru
I tried so hard to find a good engine for Tiffany's car a while back and couldn't find one for months. At least not something reasonable and somewhat local. And look at you, you just pluck them off of trees!
Well I did have to pull it...
E737BC07-4DC6-40DA-8707-4890F5BCF2C2.jpeg

The local yard was running an engine special. $149+core

Took about 2 hours. Harness is intact too

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Ok so the car started and ran fine with the anti theft device completely unplugged.

However the theft icon was illuminated on the dash and didn’t go away.

So yes it appears to work, however I think I’ll still just attach the chip to it and tuck it away under the dash to keep the light off.
In going through my dash harness, I found that the security light is driven by one of the green wires at the instrument panel plug. Its turned on and off by a switched ground in the BCM. You could simply depin that wire and the light should go away. Just be careful to ID the proper wire because the other green wires are for the low speed data bus.
567430AA-49D6-4AC6-9FAC-F46B7D9CDF92.jpeg

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Thank you for that. I’ve currently got the theft stuff all hooked up. But I’ll try unplugging it again and run it for longer to see if there’s any other side effects.

Sounds like you can remove it all together and then just unground that lamp.

While you’re working on all that, I’d like to jump the shift indicator lamp to a larger shift light. HPT allows you to adjust when the shift light on the dash turns on, it would be nice to illuminate a secondary larger light on the dash or steering column as the dash light is very difficult to see during “spirited” driving

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Did compression test today just for the hell of it. Very consistant. The more I get into this motor the more I think GM genuinely did a good job designing it.

Compression test 25Feb18:
#4=201
#3= 200
#2=202
#1=200

Brian74

Goblin Guru
Thank you for that. I’ve currently got the theft stuff all hooked up. But I’ll try unplugging it again and run it for longer to see if there’s any other side effects.

Sounds like you can remove it all together and then just unground that lamp.

While you’re working on all that, I’d like to jump the shift indicator lamp to a larger shift light. HPT allows you to adjust when the shift light on the dash turns on, it would be nice to illuminate a secondary larger light on the dash or steering column as the dash light is very difficult to see during “spirited” driving
There is no shift light signal from the ECM or BCM; only the MIL and security lamps. The shift light must be internal to the instrument cluster. You may be able to tap into the ECM on a crank sensor signal, using an aftermarket tach with a shift light trigger.

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Any progress lately? How is the body components coming along?
Well I’ve been out of town for the whole month so haven’t done too much. I took the nose cone off to add one last layer of fiberglass to the underside for additional stiffness. Now back to body filler. Since I started it I’ve found so many ways to do things differently. I may not keep this one too long. I need a better latching system so it can be removed. Right now it relies on rivits which is just a bad solution.

I spent some time with a friends Exocet this weekend and really like their body design. They use Aerocatch latching system which works really well and is easily adjustable.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Well I’ve been out of town for the whole month so haven’t done too much. I took the nose cone off to add one last layer of fiberglass to the underside for additional stiffness. Now back to body filler. Since I started it I’ve found so many ways to do things differently. I may not keep this one too long. I need a better latching system so it can be removed. Right now it relies on rivits which is just a bad solution.

I spent some time with a friends Exocet this weekend and really like their body design. They use Aerocatch latching system which works really well and is easily adjustable.
Dsus fasteners? PegasusAutoRacing.com
www.pegasusautoracing.com/keywordsearch.asp?KeywordStart=Dsus&KeywordButton=Go

JSATX

Goblin Guru
Not a lot to report. I adjusted the wastegate some more and moved the pressure line from the intake pipe to a fitting actually on the compressor housing and get much better results. Now am holding a steady 10psi at WOT.

15+psi was a ton of fun just a little more than I want on stock internals.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Not a lot to report. I adjusted the wastegate some more and moved the pressure line from the intake pipe to a fitting actually on the compressor housing and get much better results. Now am holding a steady 10psi at WOT.

15+psi was a ton of fun just a little more than I want on stock internals.
When downshifting and off throttle, do you get any flames/afterfire out your downpipe?

JSATX

Goblin Guru
When downshifting and off throttle, do you get any flames/afterfire out your downpipe?
Well I’ve never been watching the back of my car so I don’t know. I get rumbles and popping. I have Decel fuel cutoff turned off currently.

(I secretly hope I get flames that would be bad ass lol)

JSATX

Goblin Guru
**** I just love this thing. Drove about 4 hours today. With the reduced boost I’m sitting right at 250hp and it’s so well balanced. It doesn’t just rip tires loose like it does with 300hp but it still slams you back in the seat when you step on it.

E1E7FB55-18EE-4E9B-A930-3ED92CA22188.jpeg

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
**** I just love this thing. Drove about 4 hours today. With the reduced boost I’m sitting right at 250hp and it’s so well balanced. It doesn’t just rip tires loose like it does with 300hp but it still slams you back in the seat when you step on it.

View attachment 3187

Honestly, I'm thinking that 275-300hp goblins are going to be faster than the massive HP builds simply because you can keep the tires on the ground without doing more then tapping the gas. I just don't see the goblin having enough weight to keep the tires from letting loose at 500hp, or running super wide tires even getting to temp on the track because of weight.

Will be super interested to see though.

Nuker-