Jug's Goblin #420 Build! - 2009 SS/TC donor, Ext/Open Frame, San Antonio TX.

Stingray

Apologies in advance but I have a dumb question on when do the side mirror white lights turn on? I was able to get the left and right yellow turn signals to work but didn't know how or when the other two white lights turn on. I tried running through all the light switches positions. I just bought an ambient light sensor to plug in to dash but it's not here yet. Do the headlights or taillights have to be wired up for them to work?

I wired them this way
Harness Pink(Red?) to Mirror Yellow
Harness Orange to Mirror Green
Harness Green to Mirror White

Thanks!

Stingray

Gents, is the parking brake light associated with the daytime running lights? If so how do I disable or turn off the brake light? Thanks again!

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Brake light is not related to any other light except maybe the brake lights (and I doubt even that). Removing the abs module turns it on an about the only way to turn it off is cut the trace in instrument cluster or put tape over the bulb inside the IC.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Is your brake light on because the parking brake switch thinks the parking brake is left on? My goblin's BCM will "ding" at me if my parking brake handle is not fully down... I am not sure if the brake light comes on, but the dinging, I do notice.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Where is the dinging coming from? I didn’t know there was anything left to generate a sound.
I’m pretty sure the light is tripped when removing the abs module in addition to just a parking brake reminder. And likely also comes on with low brake fluid on some versions.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I think the sound comes from the BCM, but I never really thought about it. Maybe the instrument cluster?
I went out to the garage, and hopped in, pulled the parking brake, and the key. No dinging. It just did this last week with my wife in the car. Beats me, I can't make it ding, but when it wants to ding, I know to lower the parking brake handle.