Justin's city extended (09 ss/tc)

Justin

Hello everyone. I have had my kit for awhile now, I believe it's chassis #101. I think it's long overdue for me to start my build log. I kinda lost interest in the project for the last several months but work is starting to slow down for me and I now have some time to dedicate to the car and hope to have it on the street before the end of the year. I started my car for the first time today and just hearing it run is really motivating. Here is a list of the mods that I have done to the car so far.

-Ldk crate motor from zzp
-Wiseco pistons and zzp forged rods
-Opel fuel injectors
-South bend stage 4 clutch and new flywheel
- built f35 trainsmission with quaife lsd, cryo treated gear set and 4.45 final drive
-zzp zfr 6758 turbo
- derale heat exchanger
- And I changed the intake ( didn't really like the stock one)

Here are some pics of the progress I had made so far.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Wow, you are almost done. 2 seats, front hubs, 5 wheels (steering wheel).
You have a lot of nice parts. What did you do for an engine tune? (I am learning HP Tuners now)

Justin

I got a tune from zzp. It idles a little rough till it warms up, probably because I did not tell them what intake I have. But once it's on the road I'm going to take it in for a dyno tune

Justin

I'm trying to put on the rear solstice calipers on but I dont know what the torque specs for the 8 bolts that came in the kit, also it came with 4 washers, what bolts get the washers? Any help or pictures would be greatly appreciated

Ross

Goblin Guru
The numbers written beside the bolts is the torque specifications (in foot pounds).
I took some quick pics, the wheels were in the way, but hopefully they are of some use to you.
It is dirty - looks like someone recently dragged it out of a autocross ditch.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Washers generally prevent the steel nuts and bolts from digging into the aluminum parts. I don't think I used any of them as spacers.
Update: I see some washer spacers on one wheel cable - this was to balance the 2 cables where they join near the parking brake handle. You might not need these.

Last edited:

Justin

Thanks, I paid too much for it. I think it was close to $4,000. It's from a company in Oswego, IL called performance autowerks. I have heard of another company called B3 design on Facebook that I think might be cheaper

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Making some progress. Put the car on the ground for the first time. Man I forgot how low these things are.
Are those 6ul wheels ? what size and width are they, width of tires ? Did you need spacers for the front or back ?

Justin

I'm having a really hard time fitting the tunnel cap on. I measured the inside of the tunnel cap and the outside walls of the tunnel and there is a 7mm difference. I just don't see how this is going to fit. Anyone else have this problem with theres?

Ross

Goblin Guru
Yes. I used big channel lock pliers to pull the sides together.
It was kind of bumpy when I was done, but it is under the tunnel cap, and the cap is straight, so nobody but me knows. Oh dang.

Justin

Alright I will try that. I tried bending a large section with a piece of wood c-clamped to the side of the tunnel but it didn't work.