Justin's city extended (09 ss/tc)

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
7mm sounds like a lot. Mine was good in the rear of the car the further I got to the front the tighter the cap was to get on. The tunnel in the front was the same size as my cap so only 2-4 mm max.

Justin

Yes car is close to finished. Just need to wire up the headlights, taillights, and license plate lights. And put the df supplied fenders on for inspection. My tires are 275s on all 4 corners and the fenders I have are for a 235 and I think a 205 in the front so not sure what I'm going to do about that. I have driven the car around my neighborhood a few times and man she ripps. After the 1st of the year I will begin the registration process.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Looks great, very clean build. Good luck with the registration task, I've heard Cali can be tough. It may come down to where you go to do the registration as some places seem to be tougher or less knowledgeable - both of which can be a challenge. :)

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Looks great, very clean build. Good luck with the registration task, I've heard Cali can be tough. It may come down to where you go to do the registration as some places seem to be tougher or less knowledgeable - both of which can be a challenge. :)
I wonder if going through the process in Needles or Indio, or one of the smaller towns may be easier?

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Looks great @Justin - good pics of the wing. Looks like the Seibon that the others on the forum are going with and I'll go that route for simplicity sake.

What did you use to coat the radiator black? I'm hesitant to paint the radiator cause of what it'll look like when it wears.

Justin

I have a couple new updates with the car, got it dyno tuned yesterday and man its running good now. The tuner also road in the car with me and did some data logging for drivability. He fixed the low rpm jerkiness. Made 347hp and 370tq. He said if I switched to e85 I can easily gain another 50+hp. I'm not really sure if it needs it this thing is flying now.

Also I changed from the dominator headlight to a dot approved one. There slightly larger than the dominators but have pretty good light output and I like the looks.
20200215_182506.jpg
20200215_163111.jpg
20200215_115643.jpg
20200111_164520.jpg

Justin

That’s a very nice build you have done
Thanks, I just got my Montana plates in the mail today. I have been driving on temporary operating permits for the last 6 months. California was just making the whole registration process way to difficult for me especially with my work schedule and not being able to go to inspections at 9am during the middle of the week. Now I just need to figure out Insurance. Hopefully there's no problems with that.

Attachments

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
Justin, what part of California are you in? Did you start a Montana LLC? How will you handle insurance? California or Montana? I'm starting the registration process in Vegas.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Ours was tight but not that tight. I just assumed it was the Powdercoat. If you can get one end on, you might be able to rubber-mallet the rest of it down.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
@Justin I'm looking at going to the efr6758 soon. Based on the dyno tune post it looks like you're enjoying it. Would you mind sharing your HP Tuners tune file and any scans you may have?