(SOLD)Karter2026's City Chassis 09 LT XFE, PA Build #72- Registered

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
So far my emergency / parking brake handle has came apart inside 2 times. I'm tired of fixing it, I could buy another handle assembly from Lokar but do not want the same issues again. looking for a more permanent solution. I am leaning toward a linear actuator to work it. I found some nice small actuators at Servo City. I just have to figure out the amount of pull needed to apply the brakes.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
So far my emergency / parking brake handle has came apart inside 2 times. I'm tired of fixing it, I could buy another handle assembly from Lokar but do not want the same issues again. looking for a more permanent solution. I am leaning toward a linear actuator to work it. I found some nice small actuators at Servo City. I just have to figure out the amount of pull needed to apply the brakes.
Fish scale?

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
Is that a thing with the Cobalt's OEM parking brake? I noticed on my donor, the little half-gear piece was laying under the center console and there was nothing to hold the brake on.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
Is that a thing with the Cobalt's OEM parking brake? I noticed on my donor, the little half-gear piece was laying under the center console and there was nothing to hold the brake on.
Does yours not look like this? The second picture shows the pawl on top, inside the handle.
20190809_150808.jpg
20190809_150838.jpg

Goblin Guru
Yes, mine looks exactly like that. The pawl piece was separate and laying underneath the center console when I picked up my donor. I had to reassemble it, and it doesn't seem stable at all. It's in there properly for now, I just don't know if it'll stay in there, is what I'm trying to say.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
It will have to be a good size one I feel like it would be 50lbs + would be my guess
Deep sea fish scale...

Or physics, sum the moment at the handle pivot measuring the force needed to pull at the end of the handle with the fish scale.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Wouldn't buying another pull handle be easier and cheaper? I haven't had a problem with my Cobalt parking brake handle.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Wouldn't buying another pull handle be easier and cheaper? I haven't had a problem with my Cobalt parking brake handle.
It would but!
1. I do not like the look of cobalt handle.
2. Can not fit the cobalt handle in my box I have now
3. I do not want the same problem I have now again with the american shifter one.
4. If I can contain the actuator in my current box it will save some time

20181229_105343.jpg
20181229_120139.jpg

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Ron,
That looks familiar....
View attachment 9612
Haha. Yes it should. I mounted mine a bit different for access which I am glad I did because of the luck I have had with the handle. I can get the handle out without removing the seats. Even though I put the 3M paint protector over it. Still it is all chipped up from the 5 point harness. If I go with the linear actuator to do it I will have to patch up some holes to cover the where the handle is now.

Goblin Guru
If I had to guess, I'd say it's a self-made USB port. Or possibly a 12v power outlet/cigarette lighter.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the 5 or 6 wire plug stuck in the end of the box under the lever?
That one is not mine that is Bruce's.

Mine has 4 wires on 2 separate plugs. One for the USB and one for the parking brake light so it illuminates on the dash with the brake on.