(SOLD)Karter2026's City Chassis 09 LT XFE, PA Build #72- Registered

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
My IC pump on my first SS/SC was dead on my donor at 70k miles. Its a pretty known issue with these pumps I guess.

Nuker-

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
My IC pump on my first SS/SC was dead on my donor at 70k miles. Its a pretty known issue with these pumps I guess.

Nuker-
They are known to be a weak link. I did try the taping got it to run for about 30 seconds. New pump is on the way.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru
Also check with a volt meter that the wiring in the plug is correct. The factory wired some backwards, running the pump in reverse.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Also check with a volt meter that the wiring in the plug is correct. The factory wired some backwards, running the pump in reverse.
Well I have to admit my confidence in red for positive and black for ground slightly bit me in the ass! I would of looked more carefully if it was black and white wires. But as you can see in this picture the red is the ground and black is hot. :mad:
IMG_20200505_200944.jpg

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
The supercharger install is complete. Well sort of. Some wiring to tape up, I left it exposed just in case I need to make changes. I have the heat exchanger pump working correctly now. I have to fill the cooling system. And see if it will run I hope the tune is somewhat use able.

About mid way through this upgrade I felt like I was burning out, It has taken me way longer than it should of to do this. This work better impress me or I may have to find a new project

Ross

Goblin Guru
I saw in HP Tuners that my intercooler pump has a delay parameter set. I think the default was 10 seconds after starting the engine.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
So some updates on the supercharger install.
I did not want to take the time that it would take to learn HP Tuners. I will tweak some but not the whole tune. Right now I am on the 5th revision waiting on the 6th tune from ZZP. Every one was an improvement over the last. It is pretty close to being correct now.

The IAT's are an issue though. I used the DF ducted heat exchanger set up. As it is it is not enough. With 75-85 ambient temps I am averaging 100-125 IAT's:( . My first problem id my NACA ducts do not reach the hoses for the cooler cover. I feel like my template was off a little bit. So for testing I duct taped the gaps. Some of the problem is my bumper may be disrupting the airflow to the ducts. I ran it today without the bumper it was slightly better but not great. Once I break that 100 mark under boost it takes forever to get back down. Here are some bumper on and foo pictures.
IMG_20200625_184625.jpg

IMG_20200625_185259.jpg

IMG_20200625_185307.jpg

My pump is set up to run key on all the time. I think my next best bet would be add a fan under the duct work or go to the rear mount like @George and @ctuinstra have. I avoided the rear set up because in PA i have to run the engine cover to pass inspection. I did not really feel like cutting any of it up for hoses, or blocking my rear view.

Ross

Goblin Guru
I can see around the intercooler to check traffic, and I used the DF supplied intercooler.
It gets more air, and has a much shorter coolant loop for the pump.
You could even run the hoses along the roll bar, and not cut thru your engine cover.

It does lighten the front, which isn't needed. I think that is why DF put it up there... to help with weight distribution.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I can see around the intercooler to check traffic, and I used the DF supplied intercooler.
It gets more air, and has a much shorter coolant loop for the pump.
You could even run the hoses along the roll bar, and not cut thru your engine cover.

It does lighten the front, which isn't needed. I think that is why DF put it up there... to help with weight distribution.
Now that I have the DF one wedged in there I may just add a second one someplace. Increase capacity and hopefully cool better.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
Karter, I'm interested in updates, as I can see myself going this direction in the not too distant future.
Sent you a PM.

Well made a slight improvement in IAT's with a experiment. Some CAD work and some tape and I was able to test some scoops to direct the air into the ducts.
IMG_20200629_165446.jpg

IMG_20200629_165500.jpg