Keeping factory remote start

Goblin Graber

Has anyone with factory remote start kept that functioning? I still have the key fob/TPMS module, so I think it’s doable. The one thing I know for a fact is it needs a hood closed signal to work. There is no reference voltage at the connector...just ground, hood closed, and hood ajar. Is the BCM just looking for ground on pin B to think the hood is closed? If so I can ground that wire and give it a shot.

For what it’s worth I’m working on a base 08 automatic donor.

Attachments

Goblin Graber

That’s what I needed to see. It definitely switches between those two wires to ground for closed and ajar. Thank you. I’ll definitely ground the purple wire and go from there.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The only other thing you might need to consider is the door open and close. I don’t know much about that side of it but I know others have wired up something to simulate the door opening and closing to kill the RAP.

Goblin Graber

I just went out and double checked my 09 Silverado that has similar wiring architecture and you can remote start with the doors open. I worked at a GM store for 10 years and as far as I know the only things that prevent remote starting are the hood open, or two remote start cycles without a key cycle. Maybe I’ll get lucky and it still works.