Ken Leiker MotorSports // Track // 07 SS/SC Donor

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Wow, the DF guys have been working their tails off. Even at $2000 this is a mod that some of us doing builds will want to have, and I m one of them. This marginal increase in cost of having a frame that will bolt up a F40 trans is a none issue for those of us looking for a new transmission and one with some reserve strength, plus better gearing. I am creeping closer to getting a kit ordered and when DF announces this is wrapped up I will be placing my order. I am waiting like a little kid outside a candy store to see what your car will look like.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Wow, the DF guys have been working their tails off. Even at $2000 this is a mod that some of us doing builds will want to have, and I m one of them. This marginal increase in cost of having a frame that will bolt up a F40 trans is a none issue for those of us looking for a new transmission and one with some reserve strength, plus better gearing. I am creeping closer to getting a kit ordered and when DF announces this is wrapped up I will be placing my order. I am waiting like a little kid outside a candy store to see what your car will look like.
I agree...to me it just makes sense, but I also understand the additional cost factor that has to be considered. I think with this and all LNF/Turbo drive axles, hubs, etc...it will be practically bulletproof. Will make me one nice Autocross machine...

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I agree...to me it just makes sense, but I also understand the additional cost factor that has to be considered. I think with this and all LNF/Turbo drive axles, hubs, etc...it will be practically bulletproof. Will make me one nice Autocross machine...
As long as you can get classed correctly, I see some trophies in your future. Exciting stuff! :D

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Ken, have you heard anything from Lonny or Adam about the final design for the F40 mod and additional cost to the kit price? I am getting anxious to order my kit, but have not seen anything updated in past week or so.

KLMOTORSPORTS

I will be picking my kit up on 19 April so they are just finishing things up right now...the latest pictures are posted above in the thread. They are checking out how the shifter and cables will work as well.

As far as the additional cost and what they plan to offer for the F40, I’ll let Adam address that...it was more work than envisioned speaking with Adam but with how they did it, it will be very nice. It took a modified lower left rail, new trans mount bracket upper and lower, and some other smaller details. Not sure how they plan to offer as an option for new purchases...only guessing it will be similar to ordering the city frame option or the track frame option (would choose F35 or F40 Regal option), but I am only speculating.

Ken

KLMOTORSPORTS

Head to Texas next week to pick the car up.....and another person’s car and a Stage 2 for another builder in the area....will be one packed 6x12 U-Haul trailer!! Lol....

Been doing so much thinking and planning, I’m ready to get the car home, plan out any additional bars or tabs I want, get the welding done and get this thing to powder coat!!!

Beyond stoked and so ready for next week!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Yeah, it will consume you once you get started with the build! If you are prepared already, it goes pretty quick.

KLMOTORSPORTS

The day has finally come when I start traveling to pick up my car! Will be meeting up with Adam and Lonny and loading up tomorrow afternoon. Can not wait to get her back home and start the build process!

Will first look at what additional tabs, pedal box (Tilton 600 series) mount, and Kirkey seat mount, DZUS plates for side panels, etc that I will want welded on and then off to the powdercoat facility.

Since my race colors have always been Lime Green and Black, looking at going black (haven’t decided Gloss or Flat) on the frame as I believe this will go well with all the aluminum stuff on the car...body would be wrapped with Lime Green graphics then.

Will be updating my build log more frequently now since I’ll have plenty of info coming up! Will also post pictures of frame mods that were completed for my LSJ/F40 build.

Ken

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Sent a message to Lonny, the kit mod will be finalized on their books and be available to order in the very near future. I can finally get my kit on order. :D

Thanks again to you Ken for using your car as the guinea pig for this mod. It has been a long time coming - or so it seems - that we first started discussing the F40 as a possible build option for the Goblin. It is the high level of commitment to their customers from Lonny and Adam that made this happen and I cannot thank all of you enough.

Can't wait to see how the rest of your build progresses.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Sent a message to Lonny, the kit mod will be finalized on their books and be available to order in the very near future. I can finally get my kit on order. :D

Thanks again to you Ken for using your car as the guinea pig for this mod. It has been a long time coming - or so it seems - that we first started discussing the F40 as a possible build option for the Goblin. It is the high level of commitment to their customers from Lonny and Adam that made this happen and I cannot thank all of you enough.

Can't wait to see how the rest of your build progresses.
Awesome on the kit! Very happy to have been able to help, but I want to thank Adam and Lonny for their willingness to dive into this...they are the true hero’s of this mod!!!!!

Pictures forth coming!

Ken

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
6 speed Saab shifter? I spy the extra bars in the top of the cage, planning to mount something or just an extra place to garb onto while entering/exiting the car? The Tilton pedals look really good and should be an improvement over the stock Cobalt parts. Are you planning to use the electric steering set up or go with something else? Looking good!