Ken Leiker MotorSports // Track // 07 SS/SC Donor

KLMOTORSPORTS

So big weekend for the car...first engine start complete! Now on to get all of the other small details done and get the full side panels made (local race shop making them)...then get the panels and hood wrapped. Also need to visit the custom exhaust shop and have the exhaust completed.

Coming right along! Do have a small leak at the transmission/engine block...appears to be from hydraulic clutch...believe it may be the elbow connection....no big deal, but something else to work.

More to come!

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
So big weekend for the car...first engine start complete! Now on to get all of the other small details done and get the full side panels made (local race shop making them)...then get the panels and hood wrapped. Also need to visit the custom exhaust shop and have the exhaust completed.

Coming right along! Do have a small leak at the transmission/engine block...appears to be from hydraulic clutch...believe it may be the elbow connection....no big deal, but something else to work.

More to come!
We had that same leak. It was the rubber seal on the aluminum clutch block. I originally put an o-ring on it since I lost the seal ( I thought it was an o-ring, it's not). I bought a new pipe just for the seal and it took care of it.

I've also hear of them getting stuck in there.

KLMOTORSPORTS

We had that same leak. It was the rubber seal on the aluminum clutch block. I originally put an o-ring on it since I lost the seal ( I thought it was an o-ring, it's not). I bought a new pipe just for the seal and it took care of it.

I've also hear of them getting stuck in there.
Not a big fan of the elbow design....seems like a weak point to me....surprised there isn’t an aftermarket upgrade to this design. I will be tearing in to it once I get back from a business trip. Fun stuff!

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
They are Stage 2 axles from Drive Shaft Shop...rated up to 450 HP. Ran into a snag with them...driver side perfect, but passenger side a little long. The sides fit in different and think that got missed (driver side in transmission vices passenger side into half shaft). Gotta send back for a little rework....no super big deal....other stuff to keep me busy!View attachment 10656View attachment 10657
Ken, I'm asking a question on an old post. The drive shafts you bought, did these include a new intermediate shaft? Or did you purchase a new one from someplace? Not sure I want to use 130K axles on my new trans. Thanks.

KLMOTORSPORTS

Ken, I'm asking a question on an old post. The drive shafts you bought, did these include a new intermediate shaft? Or did you purchase a new one from someplace? Not sure I want to use 130K axles on my new trans. Thanks.
No, the intermediate shaft is new and came as part of the ZZP F40 Kit...the drive axles are Stage 2’s from The Driveshaft Shop