Kenny and Ashleys extended city goblin- 08 SS TC DONOR #218

Kenny123

Hey everyone I just realized I have never started a build log. My girlfriend and I are building the goblin together to use just as a street cruiser. So far we have driven to NJ from SC to pick up all the donor parts and safely returned home. We have the engine cleaned and painted now and I'd say 90% reassembled. We did buy the donor already disassembled from the classifieds here on the forum which was nice but makes the reassembly a bit more of a research project. Can't wait to get the kit in a few weeks!

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Looking good! Glad your girlfriend convinced you to make a cruiser. I had to persuade my wife, but she likes it now!

Kenny123

Alright, Trans is cleaned and painted all nice like. Just found out Stewart Transport is picking my kit up mid to end of next week :) can't wait. Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive after that!!

Attachments

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Looks good! You staying stock clutch / flywheel / timing chain & bolt while you have everything out? Another maintenance item is cleaning the intake valves as they get really coked up.

There's a rubber hat/grommet that goes over that clutch pipe fitting when you install your clutch pipe - it looks like it's missing there (and might be stuck in your stock clutch pipe). If it's not stuck in your clutch pipe, you're gonna want to get one or you'll leak and it's in a really annoying spot to get to on the gob.

edit: oh, and you may want to look into replacing your rear main seal while you have the trans off. It's cheap and easy enough to do now, but a real headache if you don't and figure out you need it after the fact.

Kenny123

Looks good! You staying stock clutch / flywheel / timing chain & bolt while you have everything out? Another maintenance item is cleaning the intake valves as they get really coked up.

There's a rubber hat/grommet that goes over that clutch pipe fitting when you install your clutch pipe - it looks like it's missing there (and might be stuck in your stock clutch pipe). If it's not stuck in your clutch pipe, you're gonna want to get one or you'll leak and it's in a really annoying spot to get to on the gob.

edit: oh, and you may want to look into replacing your rear main seal while you have the trans off. It's cheap and easy enough to do now, but a real headache if you don't and figure out you need it after the fact.
Were 2 peas in a pod my friend haha. Yah we actually have changed the balancer bolt, pully, belt, alternator, almost all the seals, I have the rubber cap for the clutch line in a safe place as I lose it all!! I have a new Rear main but have to change it when I get the engine off the mount. I appreciate all your input btw!! Never know when you might over look something. Also the valves have been walnut BLASTED!! Clean as a whistle!!

Kenny123

So the real journey starts SOON! Kit shipped today and was told to expect it Monday or Tuesday. Long wait but stoked for the arrival. Be prepared for a build log over load people.... be prepared.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
You'll probably have yours done before mine is.... ugh

edit: pro tip on that clutch rubber part, Alex.... 99% sure i don't have mine attached, need to look for that hose, I know I have it somewhere

Kenny123

Looks like we have ourselves a friendly competition between you two to get them finished before the Tail of the Dragon Cobalt Nation meet on Oct 23!
Dude I'd be stoked if mine was ready by then!! My goal is to have it done in the first 2 weeks back from powder coat.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
So the real journey starts SOON! Kit shipped today and was told to expect it Monday or Tuesday. Long wait but stoked for the arrival. Be prepared for a build log over load people.... be prepared.
Are you coming for my crown? o_Oo_Oo_O