Kingchuck's (and friends) Street Goblin #435 - 06 LT Manual (Aftermarket Supercharger)

Ross

Goblin Guru
When you turn the key, does the fuel pump turn on? The throttle actuator moves? Then when you turn on the starter it all dies? Sounds like an amperage problem. Check your big 12V+ wires going to the starter & fusebox. Could be bad ground on the engine / frame / battery.

KingChuck24

When you turn the key, does the fuel pump turn on? The throttle actuator moves? Then when you turn on the starter it all dies? Sounds like an amperage problem. Check your big 12V+ wires going to the starter & fusebox. Could be bad ground on the engine / frame / battery.
Ya nothing works, I will check all the connections tomorrow.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
Check the fuses on the BCM. I had a similar issue and it turned out to be one of those fuse was blown. I can’t remember which one exactly.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I think this is one of the post that identifies the BCM fuse causing a lot of these problems.

KingChuck24

Today went alright with some good and some bad.

First off we were able to reseat the rear flare-nuts and they seem to be leaking considerably less but still a little. This lead us to re-bleed all of the calipers and the brakes now feel pretty firm and good.

We were also able to figure out how the heat exchanger pump connected and connected it with no issue and all that works and it circulates coolant well.

After that, we decided it would be a good idea to test drive it again with better brakes and hopefully, it wouldn't pull timing anymore because the heat exchanger would be cooling off the incoming air through the supercharger. We went around the neighborhood for a little while and it seemed maybe a little better with the timing but the brakes were working very well so we brought it to the access road that is about 1/4 mile long. We did some pulls through there but even at full throttle, the car seemed to be limping a little bit. We did one final pull, this one to around 55 mph and unfortunately the accessory belt came into contact with the passenger side coolant return hose and cut through it causing a major leak. This will need replacing if we cant somehow cut out the damaged parts and put a different coolant line on it.

In terms of the car being slow, I cannot say for certain it is but I am judging it off of other peoples 0-60 times and from that I would say the car might be in the 5s to 6s (calculating it from the videos we took of the dash). It is not throwing any codes besides the normal evap codes and the previous owner tuned those out of the dash because he also cut out the evap sensor before we even got to it. It is possible we have a boost leak as there is a boost line T that would have gone to the boost gauge but we never reconnected that and we taped off that side of the T so it could be leaking from there. Other than that what are some common reasons for the car limping or not being at full power?

KingChuck24

Hello everyone it has been quite a while. Life got in the way and honestly I have been procrastinating making a post.

The issue of the car not starting and many of the electrical issues has been fixed (not all but at least it runs and drives). I dropped it off with my trusted mechanic and he couldn’t figure it out either until he decided to smell the ECU and it had a burnt smell. It ended up being completely fried and needed replacement. After that we got it retuned and it drives well.

I am almost done with my carbon fiber front splitter project. I learned working through my schools FSAE team about how easy it actually is to get started building parts so I gave it a try. First drive I didn’t realize how much support it needed so it kept flexing down and scraping against the road. I won’t be able to work on the car again until May so I’ll have time to think of solutions.

If anyone has questions about then splitter or wants to solid works files I can happily provide them for you. I also ran some rough CFD and it makes about 60 pounds of down force at 100 mph which I am happy with judging by the fact it is fully flat.

I also finally got an appointment for inspection after waiting 8 months and the guys who inspected the car were a huge help. I did a terrible job stamping the vin in and told them “I accidentally powder coated over it” and they believed that I had just tried stamping over it to fix the mistake. They then said this was the worst possible thing I could have done and it was also illegal. After all the grief they gave me they said I get a “once in a lifetime pass” and I can never do that again. So they could have easily failed me and I might’ve needed to wait another 8 months to find an appointment. I think it is because I am young and the fact that they liked the car which made them be in a better and more understanding mood.
The title application is finally submitted and hopefully we will get it in 2-3 weeks fingers crossed.

Still lots of little things that need to get done with the car but hopefully I can grind through it all in about a week.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Last edited: