Kingchuck's (and friends) Street Goblin #435 - 06 LT Manual (Aftermarket Supercharger)

Rauq

Goblin Guru
The shifter cables do just pop out of the bracket. You're right, I think in their video series for disassembly they were working with an auto trans donor, so that's why you don't see that there.

The only reason I can remember to treat the cables gingerly is that they have decent resale. I sold mine for $60 in just a couple days. I think the new kits come with all new hardware for shifter cables other than the base of that bracket and perhaps the shifter side cable ends. I know DF sells new cable ends but I'm not sure they're included in the new kits as standard. I also know the stock ones aren't reused if you get the upgraded DF shifter (which I recommend).

RCK605

Maybe I'm not seeing them or you added them later, but I highly recommend labeling every connector on your harness. I bought an already disassembled donor and the harness was not labeled. Luckily Ross was able to send me videos identifying all of the connections. Without it, the wiring harness work would be much more difficult.

Maybe I'm not seeing them or you added them later, but I highly recommend labeling every connector on your harness. I bought an already disassembled donor and the harness was not labeled. Luckily Ross was able to send me videos identifying all of the connections. Without it, the wiring harness work would be much more difficult.
We decided to opt for the wiring harness service, do you still think it is necessary to label them. We already have many of them disconnected so going back through might take a little while.

RCK605

We decided to opt for the wiring harness service, do you still think it is necessary to label them. We already have many of them disconnected so going back through might take a little while.
Probably not if DF is handling the wiring harness. They can probably do it with their eyes closed by now.

Hi everyone,

It has been a while since the last post mostly because I just haven’t updated the forum we actually have gotten a lot done.

First off we stripped the entire interior and dropped the engine which both ended up being fairly easy.

We dropped the engine by dropped the entire care onto a dolly then unscrewed the engine mounts and lowered the car further so that the engine put all of its weight on the dolly. We then proceeded roll it out the front of the engine bay and it was finally out.

The interior was pretty easy and was just unscrewing and ripping pieces off. Took about a day and the only issue we encountered was that both of the upper seat belt mounting bolts got stripped and we had to cut them off. Do we need those?

I am currently on a trip but the others were able to get the wiring harness out or the car as well as out of the dash and ship it to df to get reworked.

We also started to receive some other things in relation to the goblin like the wheels and wing.

Avid1 AV6 with Toyo R888R:

9Lives racing wing:

Also my friends said they saw kit #206 in the wild today which I thought I would add if maybe the owner sees this.

We also are thinking we are going to use adrenaline customs for our powder coating. If anyone thinks there is a better service in Minneapolis please let us know. They estimated 1300 for the frame to be coated in illusion blue which from what I have seen from others seems a little high. They also said there is about a 2-3 week long lead time for when they can get us a slot which was faster than another place we called.

Other than that we are kit 435 and 429 just got delivered so hopefully we are soon. Still have not gotten an invoice though.

Another question I have for anyone who knows the answer is that our car did not have a ecm in it and it didnt seem like any wires were missing. Our boost is controlled by a little valve that we can spin to turn it up or down. This leads me to believe that the car may not be tunable? I am not sure though but any insight would be helpful.

Finally not sure why but my emails with df haven’t been getting any response. I sent an email about a week and a half ago which got no response and then a follow up about 4 days ago and no response. Has anyone else had an issue? Before this I have gotten a response within 24 hours every time (besides weekends).

That looks like it’s it for today and there probably won’t be another post for a little while. All that is left to do is to strip the rear and prep the engine. (Couldn’t attach images, will attach later)

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
If it's fuel injected and still coil on plug, it has to have an ecm of some sort, although it might be aftermarket. Did your donor run?

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
The stock ecm should have been mounted on the side of the under hood fuse box. People have been known to relocate them on some cars to make the underhood look cleaner. Typically they would relocated the fuse box also and it looks like yours is still there in the pictures.

The stock ecm should have been mounted on the side of the under hood fuse box. People have been known to relocate them on some cars to make the underhood look cleaner. Typically they would relocated the fuse box also and it looks like yours is still there in the pictures.
I think I figured out my mistake. In the video they took out 2 control modules and the one on top of the side slot for them was the ecm, we have a manual car so what I assume is we have no tcm. I then thought that since we only had the one on the bottom that meant we had the tcm and not the ecm when in reality we had enough the ecm and not the tcm.

escapepilot

As for DF and emails, I know they have been really busy shipping out online orders and they may have an absence in the office but they will get to it I'm sure. Was it a question that could be answered on the forum or an order?

As for DF and emails, I know they have been really busy shipping out online orders and they may have an absence in the office but they will get to it I'm sure. Was it a question that could be answered on the forum or an order?
It was for an order concerning a bunch of different things. I was going to call today because it has now been over 2 weeks and some of the info pertains to the seats and we need to know if we will order different seats than the one df offers.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Many builders have ordered and used seats from other sources - see the build logs. There are Cobalt compatible seat rails available that bolt in (may need some minor alterations to bolt holes) to the DF frame or you could fab up your own seat mounts. But know the DF seats and rails will fit, no modifications required.

escapepilot

It was for an order concerning a bunch of different things. I was going to call today because it has now been over 2 weeks and some of the info pertains to the seats and we need to know if we will order different seats than the one df offers.
I know Lonny was unavailable so Adam was manning tech and order support by himself. There was a post earlier this week showing a bunch of boxes ready to ship.