KJPs 08 TC 6 Speed build

KJP

Helped my father in law strip down his frame for powder and drilled out all of the rivits and pulled the hoses from where it had already been assembled.

I also ordered powder for both frames and I am hoping it comes in this week.

My motor is back out and the new trans mount is tacked in.

I have a professional welder that is supposed to weld it up this week because my welding skills are pretty blah
IMG_20180513_165446.jpg

I am excited to get it off to powder once the welding is complete.

KLMOTORSPORTS

KJP,
Did you get the F40 all mounted into your Goblin? I am looking at doing the same (put in a F40) and curious how it turned out.

I am in Waynesville, Ohio....just North of you about 40 or so miles...wouldn’t mind checking out the install if you don’t mind.

Ken

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Kevin, I am very interested in your installation of the F40 transmission and what modifications you had to perform to install it. Photos, measurements and your insight as a reply would be very appreciated. I am new to the DFG forum and am just starting to gather up parts - engine, transmission - before committing to purchasing a donor vehicle. I am leaning toward the F40 transmission, needing real world input, and your experience will be a great help to me. Thanks for any information that you can share beyond that already posted here in your build log.

KJP

IMG_20191027_191446.jpg

Well after a very long break due to other projects I am back to working on this

I have been working on the wiring as of late and it has not been horrible so far.
I may actually put in all of the wiring and power everything up before I tape up the harness for good

KJP

Kevin, I am very interested in your installation of the F40 transmission and what modifications you had to perform to install it. Photos, measurements and your insight as a reply would be very appreciated. I am new to the DFG forum and am just starting to gather up parts - engine, transmission - before committing to purchasing a donor vehicle. I am leaning toward the F40 transmission, needing real world input, and your experience will be a great help to me. Thanks for any information that you can share beyond that already posted here in your build log.
Sorry for the delay but I have not had it mounted perminantly as of yet I will have some more info over the next few weeks

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Kevin,

Did you get the F40 fitted and redo the transmission mount for your frame? Previous photos in your Build Log look like it, but just curious who much of a problem you had getting the trans shoehorned in?

A lot has happened in my world since my query to you last February. I purchased my donor - 08 SS/TC - and tore it completely down and it is long gone to junkyard heaven. I also purchase my kit - #155 track/extended with the F40 conversion from DF, since I did purchase the F40 transmission. I decide to do this after being in contact with Adam and Lonny, and Ken Leiker (KL Motorsports) who allowed Lonny to use his frame as the guinea pig for engineering the F40 conversion. Ken has his engine and F40 trans mounted into his car already and you may want to drive up to see him. You may also want to take query some of the 'F40' threads for additional information on the progress of cars being built with them, there are several.

Good to see you are back working on your Goblin again. Hopefully we can expect updates from now on and see your car on its wheels soon! :)

KJP

Kevin,

Did you get the F40 fitted and redo the transmission mount for your frame? Previous photos in your Build Log look like it, but just curious who much of a problem you had getting the trans shoehorned in?

A lot has happened in my world since my query to you last February. I purchased my donor - 08 SS/TC - and tore it completely down and it is long gone to junkyard heaven. I also purchase my kit - #155 track/extended with the F40 conversion from DF, since I did purchase the F40 transmission. I decide to do this after being in contact with Adam and Lonny, and Ken Leiker (KL Motorsports) who allowed Lonny to use his frame as the guinea pig for engineering the F40 conversion. Ken has his engine and F40 trans mounted into his car already and you may want to drive up to see him. You may also want to take query some of the 'F40' threads for additional information on the progress of cars being built with them, there are several.

Good to see you are back working on your Goblin again. Hopefully we can expect updates from now on and see your car on its wheels soon! :)
I hope to have the trans and motor in within the next week or two I need to get the new flywheel and pressure plate in then everything should be ready to go

KJP

IMG_20191124_163030.jpg

Added two M6 nutcerts to my frame due to it not being drilled for the heat exchanger.
I never received my fan for it and I have a package on the way from df but not sure if it's in there and now the package is lost with USPS so I am not sure when it will show up.