Last minute frame decision - need quick replies

Jareth

Goblin Guru
So I got the email to confirm my frame selection before it is started in two weeks or so. I’m second guess my choice of:

Full Cage with modified double door?

I’m not as flexible as I was when I was younger and worried that full cage may make it harder to climb into, or does it allow you grab onto and lower yourself in or pull yourself up?

If I’m even that unsure should I even get the double door?

Example:

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I should add main reasons for my choice of full cage is only to use a canopy material during the Florid summer sun.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
The full cage will make it harder to get in regardless (at least I noticed that in Rich’s Goblin); although if you have good upper body strength, you can use the upper bar to help lower yourself in. If you plan in a removable steering wheel, that could help a bit.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
I got the full cage, 30yo, and not entirely flexible, but not disabled (tore my quad a few years back so can’t lift my leg high). The full cage and full side bar is nice because I can use the upper bars to hold onto, while using the normal entry bar to sit on while I swing my legs in and then lower myself in.

Like @Brian74 stated, if you have the upper body strength then it’s nice to have. With easy entry side door (even the double bar easy entry) it’d be more of a step in instead of a sit and swing in while still holding the upper rack for stability.

I’d assume that the street frame with normal entry would be more of a step over and in (might need to step on your seats then) while holding onto the seat back. I don’t wanna be stepping on my seats so having something to hold onto while lowering myself in was the better option for me.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Everyone has their personal choice for ease or difficulty of entry. The full cage offers hand holds to help you get into and out of the car, if you have figures out the correct athletics to slip into the available 'door' opening. I personally like the cage and welded a center 'monkey bar' into the halo that really helps.
You're best way to decide is to try one on, either city or track, to see what you like best.

Attachments

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Well you got all sorts of replies quickly but probably just as indecisive as you ever where. I agree with most, even though I don't have a full frame, sounds like you could use one for the sun.

jamesm

Goblin Guru
I definitely like having the track hoop to hold onto when getting in and out. If you do get the rack frame, you will definitely want a removable steering wheel. It makes a huge difference getting in and out.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I find the standard-entry city frame I have to be somewhat annoying to get in and out of. I am 41, full use of my legs/arms. The tendency to stand on my seat is there. It's much easier now with a quick-release wheel in the mix.

My passengers have a strong tendency to support themselves getting in and out by holding onto the windshield. Not great ... every time I have a passenger, I have to steer them away from grabbing there.

For sheer ease of entry, I'd pick the track frame with easy-entry and a quick-release wheel.

kalishek

Double door bars will give a little added protection in a T-bone with a Buick. Better than nothing at all like a motorcycle. I have track frame with quick release steering and am fine with it (at age 68).
KAL

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
I almost went with the double door bars. Last minute I decided extended track with full doors. I’m 42 and find it easy to get in and out of using the main hoop even with the stock steering wheel in my way

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Did not want to but should state that I'm currently 59 so I guess I'm a little less nimble than when I was in my 40's (sad but true)

At this very second I'm thinking of staying with the full frame, and if I have issues I'll use my other donor and build another Goblin o_O

ccannx

Goblin Guru
Im 41 and have some left shoulder troubles glad I went track frame but wish I had got an easy entry track frame. I only autocross my goblin so I removed my turn stalk. Couldn't get in the car without hitting it. A removable steering wheel is a must for me.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Yes, I have included their new removable steering wheel the other day in my order, so I'm sure that will help.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
Did not want to but should state that I'm currently 59 so I guess I'm a little less nimble than when I was in my 40's (sad but true)

At this very second I'm thinking of staying with the full frame, and if I have issues I'll use my other donor and build another Goblin o_O
I’m 6’ tall and I find the full doors makes for a perfect height to sit on before getting in.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I made the decision and emailed Kimberly to stay with what I had on order, Extended Full Cage, with Double Door Option, and their new removable Steering Wheel

I’m sure I’ll be able to come up with what ever technique I have to, to be able to get in and out.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Thanks everyone for your comments.

I made the decision and emailed Kimberly to stay with what I had on order, Extended Full Cage, with Double Door Option, and their new removable Steering Wheel

I’m sure I’ll be able to come up with what ever technique I have to, to be able to get in and out.

Once you get find your groove of how to get in and out, it will be easy. You should be good with your decision.