latest tune from ZZP Bucking bad around 3,500 rpm

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
According to the tune you sent , Do you think we ( YOU :D ) need to make any changes to it based on what you see . It wants to buck some going through first and second going through the gears. I will try your tune next.
If you like their tune so far and want to keep those changes, I can combine my tune and their new changes to see how it works.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Here you go. This file is the most recent you posted from ZZP with the stock Torque Management put back in place. It can always be adjusted from there, we just want to see if that is making the throttle overly sensitive.

I also noticed the MAF has been adjusted, not sure if that was changed from the scan data, but I left it as they had it.

Attachments

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Here you go. This file is the most recent you posted from ZZP with the stock Torque Management put back in place. It can always be adjusted from there, we just want to see if that is making the throttle overly sensitive.

I also noticed the MAF has been adjusted, not sure if that was changed from the scan data, but I left it as they had it.
Waiting on it to quit raining so I can try my new tune :p:D Thank you!

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Tried to write Goblin with your tune but couldn't , when it would try to write it would start then the code negative 7 ( LOCKED PCM ) so I tried to write a ZZP file and it wouldn't let me write that one either same thing even after I restarted car and cleared the lock off of instrument cluster'

So I had to completely delete your file in order to get everything to where I could write the Goblin , I could scan it but I couldn't write vehicle until I deleted your tune.

This thing is bucking bad in first and second, Starting to piss me off makes me look like a DAMM rookie trying to learn how to drive a standard:mad:

Here's the latest file if you want to look

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Now that you can write/upload a file to your Goblin,
Try copying one table from Chad's tune, and see if it will still upload.
You can identify which tables are different using VCM Editor/Compare files.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That surprises me. That’s all I did was copy factory settings back into their file. Let me know if you want help on how to open compare files to copy and past entire tables and settings. We can do a Zoom meeting or something.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
That surprises me. That’s all I did was copy factory settings back into their file. Let me know if you want help on how to open compare files to copy and past entire tables and settings. We can do a Zoom meeting or something.
[/QUOT
Well I guess this is going to drive me crazy. I tried your tune again Chad and same thing pops up negative 7
So I just went for a scan and ride up to Walmart Neighbor Market and go to pull up in line and sit for a little and then my new starter with 800 miles on it starts sticking. So I shut off at window and had to keep playing with it to get it to work.. So finally get back home. Then it works fine.

ZZP says the bucking is not because of there tune they have done thousands of LNF engine and never had this problem before.
Story of my life, I always here we never had this happen before.

So I think I’m going to let the Goblin sit for Awhile and think about what to do.
I still have the OEM PCM so might just buy a KO4 turbo and go back to original.

Ebay has them for 199.00 new but then I would need to get the lines to hook it up from somewhere

Attachments

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Well I guess this is going to drive me crazy. I tried your tune again Chad and same thing pops up negative 7
So I just went for a scan and ride up to Walmart Neighbor Market and go to pull up in line and sit for a little and then my new starter with 800 miles on it starts sticking. So I shut off at window and had to keep playing with it to get it to work.. So finally get back home. Then it works fine.

ZZP says the bucking is not because of there tune they have done thousands of LNF engine and never had this problem before.
Story of my life, I always here we never had this happen before.

So I think I’m going to let the Goblin sit for Awhile and think about what to do.
I still have the OEM PCM so might just buy a KO4 turbo and go back to original.

Ebay has them for 199.00 new but then I would need to get the lines to hook it up from somewhere
Oh hi! The clean turbo sold but the chunk one was mine and works great - have the lines and everything.

edit: Those are not legit Borg Warner turbos on ebay btw, from China.

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member
Until you find a tune that fixes the bucking issue try short-shifting when you are not in a hurry.

Keep the engine lugged down. As soon as you get rolling in first go ahead and shift to second and before the RPMs get above 2000 shift to third.

I know this helps the supercharged cars drive smoother.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Let’s at least try to put the torque management back to stock to make sure that’s not causing a problem. I can help you remotely do it on your computer. I would understand what they are saying about doing thousands of LNF, but they haven’t done thousands of LNF engines in a Goblin. If they would have never messed with the TM, I wouldn’t even suggest changing it. I know we had a lot of issues with it and now pretty much have it solved. But once it starts, it’s hard to recover other than mashing the throttle or pushing in the clutch.

Do me a favor just for giggles, set the all the shocks the the softest setting. Turn the dampening adj out all the way and take it for a drive. Doesn’t cost you anything but time. That was one of the biggest improvements. It kept the car from bouncing or jolting, and your leg and throttle and everything else. I know I sound like I’m full of it, but I swear, it did the most good besides a good tune.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Let’s at least try to put the torque management back to stock to make sure that’s not causing a problem. I can help you remotely do it on your computer. I would understand what they are saying about doing thousands of LNF, but they haven’t done thousands of LNF engines in a Goblin. If they would have never messed with the TM, I wouldn’t even suggest changing it. I know we had a lot of issues with it and now pretty much have it solved. But once it starts, it’s hard to recover other than mashing the throttle or pushing in the clutch.

Do me a favor just for giggles, set the all the shocks the the softest setting. Turn the dampening adj out all the way and take it for a drive. Doesn’t cost you anything but time. That was one of the biggest improvements. It kept the car from bouncing or jolting, and your leg and throttle and everything else. I know I sound like I’m full of it, but I swear, it did the most good besides a good tune.
No your not full of it, I agree with you about the soft ride . But I didn’t have this problem until the last 3 or 4 tunes.
So I went back and wrote the first tune I got from ZZP and it wouldn’t turn over. Go figure !
So I went to number 2 tune and wrote it to the car and guess what ? The bucking went away except 2% and that was Driver error.
But I couldn’t test very much because of rain moving in, I don’t like to get my baby wet and dirty :D

So now I will do as you suggested and soften the ride.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

I figured out how to get to TM , And it’s set high , what do you recommend changing it to

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
Chad has been asking for the torque management to be set back to stock settings...
Post 10 and 23 of this thread have the tune with stock TM.
You can compare your tune to the stock TM settings, and copy over the tables you want.
Feel free to call me, we can set up a Zoom with me, and/or Chad, and walk you thru this.
Ross. 479-640-9941

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Chad has been asking for the torque management to be set back to stock settings...
Post 10 and 23 of this thread have the tune with stock TM.
You can compare your tune to the stock TM settings, and copy over the tables you want.
Feel free to call me, we can set up a Zoom with me, and/or Chad, and walk you thru this.
Ross. 479-640-9941
Yes Chad just took over my computer and went in and changed stuff back to original, Thank you Ross and Chad my new best friend :)
But it’s raining so I have to wait until tomorrow

Last edited:

AZmoto

I ran into extreme bucking while tuning my 5.0L 5-speed Mustang 20 years ago. It happened at lower rpms in first and second gears. I think it was an extreme lean condition causing it. Just an FYI if it helps.

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I ran into extreme bucking while tuning my 5.0L 5-speed Mustang 20 years ago. It happened at lower rpms in first and second gears. I think it was an extreme lean condition causing it. Just an FYI if it helps.
In looking at his scan files, the LTFT were mostly removing fuel, but not too bad. I agree though, a good fine tuning of the fuel trims may help also. Certainly wouldn't hurt.