LDK Block LSJ Head

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey all,

I am going to start my LDK / LSJ build soon as some of you know I had used engine issues and I have decided I’m just going to build it correct with a new block. I have to pull the main girdle and swap the crank reluctor wheel so I need to cap off this turbo oil feed since I’m going supercharged. The hole is a little over 18mm what do you all think? I have contemplated putting my oil pressure sender in that location. Funny thing is out of all things I have done threading bolt holes is not one. I will update this thread to include my build process.
l

View attachment 13903

looking for options here guys I originally went with a 3/4 expansion rubber plug but the other day my father and I were driving and the plug popped out and I had to tow the goblin home. I have a new plug but when heat rises it pushes itself out. I thought about purchasing this lnf return and capping it hopefully it’s the same size as the LDK block.

As you can see this oil return inlet is not on the oil pan otherwise I would pull it off and bring it to a shop to weld a bung on. This is actually on the crank cradle which would require an engine removal and about $100 worth of torque to yield bolts. I wish I would have went with a welded bung but Any ideas would be appreciated so I don’t have to be paranoid driving longer distances.
Thanks

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
Could have a plug machined that could be just big enough to tap in with a dead blow or something?

Nuker-

Ross

Goblin Guru
Put the plug back in, and add a strap.
The green lines show an outline of a flat piece of metal, 2 holes drilled in it, and a 90 degree bend.
Once the strap is bolted in, the plug can't come out.
You could strap it to the hole above the calipers, or the hole below.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Put the plug back in, and add a strap.
The green lines show an outline of a flat piece of metal, 2 holes drilled in it, and a 90 degree bend.
Once the strap is bolted in, the plug can't come out.
You could strap it to the hole above the calipers, or the hole below.
View attachment 24142
Sometimes it’s the simple things thanks Ross!

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Could have a plug machined that could be just big enough to tap in with a dead blow or something?

Nuker-
The problem with these plugs is not pressure necessarily it’s heat expansion so it’s perfect when I snug the nut but when the engine heats up it softens and pushes out. The L bracket worked great.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
When it starts leaking I would see if you could get freeze plugs that size. Or best solution tap the hole and insert a pipe plug.

you can get a tapered hole plug to sit in the bottom of the hole while you tap the threads then just vacuum it out.

then I would get a pipe plug with a flanged head so you could put a copper washer under it.