Leak at Brake Booster (Wrong part?)

jirwin

Goblin Guru
I'm having trouble getting a good seal using the relocation kit pictured here (from the end of video 24):

I've used the recommended host clamp, but It usually tilted the thing to the side it was being tightened from. I've used a different method pictured below. It works better, but is pretty... well just bad.

Something I'm just now noticing as I type this... my little aluminum adapter looks different from the one in the picture from DF's video. Do I maybe just have the wrong part? What do you guys think? (2010 2.2L LAP Manual)

Last edited:

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
It looks like the correct part. It is hard indeed to keep a hose clamp from spinning during tightening.
Keep in mind you will not see this under the hood.

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Your doesn’t look anything like the picture above, you need the plate to lay on top of master
That's kinda what I was thinking. Mine goes in the rubber seals, but doesn't cover them - so it leaks. I don't think I'm missing something else that goes in between.

Does anyone have a picture of it installed on theirs?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
That's kinda what I was thinking. Mine goes in the rubber seals, but doesn't cover them - so it leaks. I don't think I'm missing something else that goes in between.

Does anyone have a picture of it installed on theirs?
IMG_8054.jpg

jirwin

Goblin Guru
Just to add an update, I've since replaced the entire master cylinder (and therefore the seals) and it seems to be working. Can't start the car to fully test it, but after rebleeding the brakes I didn't see any leak.