Lechlis's Track Goblin - 06 SS Donor - Chassis #173 - Registered

JSATX

Goblin Guru
The transmission is going to the transmission shop this weekend. They estimated 8 hours of labor and the guy laughed when I told him what transmission it is. He said that I’m lucky he has to do things he dislikes on occasion. Lol.

I also drove to Butler, PA this evening to pick up a used ZZP flywheel and set of ARP headstuds. I ordered a new friction plate for the flywheel as well. It is quite nice having a donor vehicle with such a large following. Parts are abundant. I stopped by work for a bit to clean up the flywheel and studs. The flywheel needs a good wire wheel treatment but overall it’s solid. I figured you all would like a picture
Ugh I’ve been looking for a used lightweight flywheel for two years. But the 6 bolt isn’t as popular

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
You didn't sell the trunk lid and spoiler?? Kids gobble that **** up, I sold mine for $150 for the high rise one from my SS/TC, and $125 for the first donor SS/SC.

Lechlis

I had a few things up on Facebook Marketplace and wasn’t getting much interest. I sold the wheels and ZZP downpipe but nothing else had much interest... I just wanted the eye sore out of the driveway at this point. Lol.

Lechlis

I am dropping this here in case anyone has an interest in the components. Once the kit arrives and I have time to work out any kinks, I will be adding them to my inventory for purchase. Shoot me a PM with what you are interested in and I will keep you in the loop as these become available. Price points to come. The info below is copied from my hobby business Facebook page...

"To use an Aeromotive Phantom fuel pump and the DF supplied SS/TC fuel tank together, an adapter is needed. Our adapted directly bolts onto the DF fuel tank using their included hardware. The Aeromotive pump can then be dropped in and secured using the studs included with it. The OEM and Aeromotive seals are retained to ensure ease of install and leak free operation.

Rigid Chase lights were selected to be used as taillights on this vehicle. These mounts are needed to utilize the DF mounting points and the Rigid lights together without modification. They offer ease of installation by using the DF and Rigid hardware supplied in their respective kits. Simulations were conducted up to 4Gs longitudinally and transversely to simulate beyond extreme driving conditions.

Prototypes are on the printer. 6061 is the production material and will be ready to paint, powder coat, or anodize. Functional pictures to come!"

The fuel rail adapter is similar to the OTTP version but sleeker to save about 0.5" of length overall. It also has a female ORB-6 port to ensure reliability and offer more options versus the competitors NPT thread. I developed this to work directly with the Radium Direct Mount Regulator.

Attachments

Lechlis

Quick update. I had planned to keep the supercharger for awhile and get the inevitable kinks worked out that accompany builds of this nature. Well, with Black Friday, etc coming up and knowing that I would be buying this stuff in 6 months anyways, I decided to push the timeline up. I pulled the supercharger and associated parts. This gave me a chance to further clean all of the hard to reach areas. I may single handily push ZZP into the black on the 30th with the 10% off sale. Lol.

The best news however is that the kit is scheduled to be delivered on 11/23 or 11/24. A few of us East coasters got in on a group hotshot deal so the shipping worked out quite nice. The powder coat place is expecting my chassis, brake calipers, A-arms, floor pan, and miscellaneous stuff to be delivered on the 30th. He estimates a 2-3 day turn around for everything since we got it planned far ahead of time. Then things can start coming together!

Since the supercharger heat exchanger will be defunct, I plan to us it as the oil cooler. I will end up running AN hoses front to rear just to eliminate any issues with the included PVC.

I dropped the stock F35 off at the transmission shop. The LSD went in pretty painless they said. However, they found the fifth gear slider and fork pretty beat up. Not really sure what the root cause was. I bought the car and drove it nearly an hour home without issue but it did look pretty beat. I sourced a slider and fork from one of the Facebook Cobalt pages that was in much better condition.

Attached are a couple eye candy pictures.

Attachments

Lechlis

That intake looks really nice!

What did the shop charge you to install the LSD?
They said "Expect a full days labor on that transmisssion". They charge $60 and hour so ~480ish before tax... I haven't picked it up yet, so I cannot give you a 100% accurate answer right now. I will update you when I can though.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
They said "Expect a full days labor on that transmisssion". They charge $60 and hour so ~480ish before tax... I haven't picked it up yet, so I cannot give you a 100% accurate answer right. I will update you when I can though.
Thanks, that seems like a good deal.

You ever get your Rigid chase light mounts test fitted? Wanted to see what they looked like vs how I have mine positioned.

Lechlis

Thanks, that seems like a good deal.

You ever get your Rigid chase light mounts test fitted? Wanted to see what they looked like vs how I have mine positioned.
I won't be able to test fit them on the car until I get the chassis here in a couple weeks, but they bolt onto the lights nicely. I had a set laser cut to give that a try. Came out looking top notch. Just needs paint. I'll keep you in the loop on that as well. Lol.

Attachments

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
I won't be able to test fit them on the car until I get the chassis here in a couple weeks, but they bolt onto the lights nicely. I had a set laser cut to give that a try. Came out looking top notch. Just needs paint. I'll keep you in the loop on that as well. Lol.
Those look nice, I bought a Trumpf 1030 laser for the company I work for few months ago, I love it! Cut quality, tolerance, and speed is incredible. Was a huge step up from our CNC plasma table.

Lechlis

As info, the TWM shift knobs have a 3/4-16 thread. I am reusing the one I had on the R32, and need to adapt it to the 1/2-20 thread found on the OTTP shifter. TWM would not give out this info and they have also closed their doors in the last year or so (See the numerous "I placed an order and never received anything" threads).

HOBGOBLIN

I am looking at the same intake manifold to put on my LSJ but I haven’t measured for clearance issues. Is it going to fit between the head and gas tank?

Lechlis

I am looking at the same intake manifold to put on my LSJ but I haven’t measured for clearance issues. Is it going to fit between the head and gas tank?
Well, the short and honest answer is that I cannot be 100% it will fit until it’s bolted on and the engine is in. The long answer is that the fuel tank isn’t tall enough to reach the manifold. On the supercharged LSJ Goblins, the tank it’s quite tight against the intake manifold but it has the U shaped flow from the supercharger, to the laminova cores, then back up to where the intake actually bolts on and air flow into the head. The Dyemond Fab intake is obviously just a straight shot in and is actually angled slightly upwards. The tank and rear of the roll cage shouldn’t be an issue based on my hours of picture analysis and approximations. Lol.

KSLunsfo

Everything arrived today! In the processes of inventorying everything and then loading up for powder coat!
You have so much more room to work with than I do, haha. I'm working out of a 2 car garage, half of which is occupied by 2 other toys and a lawn mower.