Lechlis's Track Goblin - 06 SS Donor - Chassis #173 - Registered

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Probably not as loud as you think, the turbo acts like a muffler. This is why diesel trucks can be straight piped and they are not nearly as loud as an uncapped LS or small block.

Lechlis

Is that a flex pipe hanging off the back of the turbo?
Yes, lol. I bought something cheap to put on until my appointment with the fabricator. It is supposed to be a downpipe for something but it is simply a 3" V-band with a 90 degree bend, a couple O2 bungs, and the flex joint.

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
That looks so good. Did you wrap the hood yourself? Curious how easy/difficult it was to wrap the opening in the front.

Lechlis

I actually had a local Signarama do it. They wrap cars fairly frequently it appears but a little extra time was needed to experiment with the compound curves of the Goblin hood. I had the design printed on a metallic vinyl which they weren't quite as familiar with as well. They ended up cutting the vinyl into 2 sections but it is tough to spot. Take a look at the attached picture. The top and sides are all one piece but the nose is separate. They were confident that had the standard gloss vinyl been used, it would have laid down as one piece. All in, it was $560. $320 to design, print, and wrap. $240 for the special order metallic vinyl. I really wanted the metallic, lol. However, considering I could have walked out of there for $320, it may show that some places are charging exorbitantly based on the numbers I have read around here.

Attachments

Lechlis

Does anyone know what the thread size and pitch is for the Bowden shift cables? I am wanting to eliminate the stock plastic clamps. The aftermarket options do not work because the included shift cables are a smaller diameter than the stock Cobalt ones.

Lechlis

What are you planning to do here? I wouldn't mind eliminating the plastic clamps either, and have no means of welding.
For the forward/backward movement, I ordered one of the ball sockets linked below. It is a 10mm ball on the shifter and 6x1.0 on the shift cable. It measured about 2” from the ball to the end of the shift cable with everything neutral, so I got the 2.24” long ball socket.

I am still looking for a side-to-side adapter. Instead of the ball, mine just has a small rod that measured 0.24” in diameter and ~0.40” long.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
You may have seen this already -- works perfectly.

Lechlis

For the side-to-side, I ordered the following.

(1) https://www.mcmaster.com/3799K605
(1) https://www.mcmaster.com/93355A330

I will report back on the success of this endeavor once I have the parts!

Edit: I had to get an E-clip from the local hardware store to retain the rod end on the shifter rod. I think it was 3/32"??? Also, I completely forgot about the left versus right threads on the rods. A piece of metric 6x1.0 all thread was needed to replace the stock rods as well.

Last edited: