Lechlis's Track Goblin - 06 SS Donor - Chassis #173 - Registered

SACTX

I like it. I originally had some ideas very similar to this. I would love to see you be able to run this through a CFD program with and without wings on the end.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Very nice! Doesn't look like a ghetto rigged snow plow so that's a huge win!

What do you think the down force difference between a splitter vs a 60" front wing would be?

SACTX

You guys have me wishing I could fab metal, lol!
You could make what he's got designed there with Alumalite or regular Aluminum plate. No special metalworking experience required.

The thinner aluminums (1/16 and 1/8") and the corrugated composites can easily be cut with woodworking tools. Use carbide tipped triple chip circular saw blades, double or triple flute carbide router bits, or fine tooth wood cutting jigsaw blades. We used a 3/8" solid carbide compression wood bit, double run to only use the upcut portion, to cut the Alumalite on our CNC router. We ran it at about 18k rpm and we slowed the feed-rate down to about 18-22 feet per minute, standard radius lead in/lead out on the cuts. Pretty normal parameters for running wood except we normally run about 40 feet per minute feed rate. We ran it full speed on the first run and found out that it tears the aluminum because it's taking too big of a cut.

DO NOT use grinding wheels or cutters. The aluminum can gum them up and they'll overheat, causing them to explode.

Waterdriver

Goblin Guru

What do you think the down force difference between a splitter vs a 60" front wing would be?
Not sure of what the actual difference would be, but overall the wing would be more efficient and provide more downforce.

Combine the two. Either a small splitter or at least sealing off under the nose to the front firewall. Radiator heat then venting through the hoods control arm openings. Maybe adding stall strips/gurney flaps to the leading edges of those openings to promote a low pressure there to help extract heat.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru

A big front wing should run circles around a splitter at higher (or all) speeds, but it will all depend on what your end game is with the car. Mine is the look that I want and effectiveness up to 80 or even 100-120mph, which should be around the max speed on the various tracks we have around here (excluding cota). Just being able to run with freeway traffic without white knuckling it makes me a happy camper with the splitter.

Last edited:

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
DO NOT use grinding wheels or cutters. The aluminum can gum them up and they'll overheat, causing them to explode.
Seconded, unless using abrasives designed for aluminum. I use the Walter ZIP ALU cut off wheels when cutting non-ferrous materials with the angle grinder. A bit messy, but they work well for the purpose.

Josh's09

I am dropping this here in case anyone has an interest in the components. Once the kit arrives and I have time to work out any kinks, I will be adding them to my inventory for purchase. Shoot me a PM with what you are interested in and I will keep you in the loop as these become available. Price points to come. The info below is copied from my hobby business Facebook page...

"To use an Aeromotive Phantom fuel pump and the DF supplied SS/TC fuel tank together, an adapter is needed. Our adapted directly bolts onto the DF fuel tank using their included hardware. The Aeromotive pump can then be dropped in and secured using the studs included with it. The OEM and Aeromotive seals are retained to ensure ease of install and leak free operation.

Rigid Chase lights were selected to be used as taillights on this vehicle. These mounts are needed to utilize the DF mounting points and the Rigid lights together without modification. They offer ease of installation by using the DF and Rigid hardware supplied in their respective kits. Simulations were conducted up to 4Gs longitudinally and transversely to simulate beyond extreme driving conditions.

Prototypes are on the printer. 6061 is the production material and will be ready to paint, powder coat, or anodize. Functional pictures to come!"

The fuel rail adapter is similar to the OTTP version but sleeker to save about 0.5" of length overall. It also has a female ORB-6 port to ensure reliability and offer more options versus the competitors NPT thread. I developed this to work directly with the Radium Direct Mount Regulator.
Could I get a link/some more specs on the Rigid lights adapter? I am using a knock off but it appears they have very similar dimensions. I'm trying to get it 3D printed to test fit, then I'll get it made out of aluminum (I think).

Fozda

Goblin Guru
Could I get a link/some more specs on the Rigid lights adapter? I am using a knock off but it appears they have very similar dimensions. I'm trying to get it 3D printed to test fit, then I'll get it made out of aluminum (I think).
It might be a while before you get a response. He sold his car almost 2 years ago so he doesn't stop by the forum too often anymore. HERE is a post Cheddar made a while back about the same thing you're looking to do. I don't recall if he ever got it sorted out or not.

Lechlis

I have a handful of sets left. PM me your address and, if you cover shipping, you can have them all. Just promise to distribute them in the future for anyone else interested.

Instructions are attached.

Attachments

Josh's09

I have a handful of sets left. PM me your address and, if you cover shipping, you can have them all. Just promise to distribute them in the future for anyone else interested.

Instructions are attached.
Oh absolutely! Gonna message you now

I am throwing this out as an option to anyone interested.

I have an Aeromotive Phantom fuel pump on the Goblin using a Hi-Line Design adapter. There are several models available from Aeromotive to support pretty much any level of performance. I have the Flex model designed for E85. They are very quiet unlike external pumps or other brands.

Long story short, I have 3D printed several of these as prototypes and am ready to run a batch of them in 6061 aluminum. Ordering material just for myself and making a single adapter isn’t cost effective. So, I am looking for others who would be interested in these.

If we can get 5 people committed, the price would be $189. If we get 10, it’s $129. These are shipped to your door prices. All you need is one of the Aeromotive Phantom kits. The adapter uses the factory tank seal between the tank and adapter. The Phantom kits come with their own seal that is used between the adapter and pump. This setup can be installed in the vehicle for anyone who has already completed their build!

You must have a turbo fuel tank with 8 studs! The fuel gauge also becomes functionless as the factory sending unit is discarded.

Send me a message on here if you are interested and I will start compiling a list.

Awesome build man! Quick question. How did you measure fuel levels?

Lechlis

All,

I hope all is well. I have been silently keeping up with the DF community and its growth since I sold my Goblin.

I have steadily received requests for the chase light mounts, wing uprights, etc. I have done my best to support those individual requests, but want to open it up to the public again. I am currently working on another run of chase light mounts and should have them ready to go in a few weeks. I will have more details on the official plans in the near future.

Thank you!

Cnixon160

@Lechlis can I request a set in something more exotic than aluminum or purchase the drawings to order my own? I've had a few failures in the webbing of them