Lechlis's Track Goblin - 06 SS Donor - Chassis #173 - Registered

HOBGOBLIN

Well, the short and honest answer is that I cannot be 100% it will fit until it’s bolted on and the engine is in. The long answer is that the fuel tank isn’t tall enough to reach the manifold. On the supercharged LSJ Goblins, the tank it’s quite tight against the intake manifold but it has the U shaped flow from the supercharger, to the laminova cores, then back up to where the intake actually bolts on and air flow into the head. The Dyemond Fab intake is obviously just a straight shot in and is actually angled slightly upwards. The tank and rear of the roll cage shouldn’t be an issue based on my hours of picture analysis and approximations. Lol.
Thanks I to have been analyzing photos and guessing as well. Think I will pull the trigger, what LS4 throttle body did you go with? Also looking into is a ported LS4 is of any advantage.

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Bruh that intake mani is a work of art, we're gonna need some more pics! they just have a facebook page or do they have a website? (quick search didn't turn up anything). What's the damage for it?

HOBGOBLIN

Bruh that intake mani is a work of art, we're gonna need some more pics! they just have a facebook page or do they have a website? (quick search didn't turn up anything). What's the damage for it?
He is on Facebook he said 750 plus shipping plus PayPal fees. And it is only setup for a LS4 throttle body. Hahn racecraft has one for 600 set up for a stock throttle body. OTTP has one for 600 as well and the last one I found was from turbo tech racing for 500.

Lechlis

Like HOBGOBLIN said, it’s the most expensive of the Ecotec options and is built for the LS4 throttle body. I had planned for the OTTP manifold but I ran across this one and just had to do it. He made a batch like 1-3 years ago and he is just now working on round 2. I put 10% down just to lock in a spot. His name is Matt Leach but the official business page on Facebook is “Dyemond Fab”.

Lechlis

Thanks I to have been analyzing photos and guessing as well. Think I will pull the trigger, what LS4 throttle body did you go with? Also looking into is a ported LS4 is of any advantage.
I honestly didn’t know there were “modded” LS4 throttle body options. I was planning to just grab a stock one from ZZP on Black Friday. What have you seen?

KSLunsfo

That metal flake on the spring looks very cool. I've seen multiple springs being powder coated lately, I guess powder coat is flexible which I would have thought to be the case not having much experience with it.

HOBGOBLIN

I honestly didn’t know there were “modded” LS4 throttle body options. I was planning to just grab a stock one from ZZP on Black Friday. What have you seen?
haven’t seen any ported ones out there but have not been looking real hard. I come from the LSx world and we normally port them a bit small gains of about 5-7 hp N/A.

Lechlis

Pretty big update.

I picked up the chassis and miscellaneous stuff from powder coat this past Saturday. I was pretty burnt out from driving most of the day so I just got everything laid out and prepped to start Sunday. I worked most of the day Sunday and got a fair bit complete. The ZZP Black Friday order is supposed to be here tomorrow. I’ll be able to get the turbo swap stuff finished up and get the engine installed tomorrow evening hopefully!

Tinsley Custom Coatings in Easley, SC did an absolutely amazing job with the powder coat. I dropped everything off on a Saturday and he had it ready for pick up on Wednesday. Everything looks like glass!

Attachments

KSLunsfo

I've been thinking about that as well but would like to see if others have a car built and running a manual master and what they make of it...

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Those look like the $500 ZZP control arms...