Lethalcast's City goblin- 2009 SS/TC G85

Lethalcast

20180328_193026.jpg
20180328_192953.jpg
20180329_090625.jpg
20180329_182234.jpg
20180329_182225.jpg
20180328_185801.jpg
Just acquired my donor and I'm super excited about getting this thing torn apart. Now it's just finding the time haha. The car has 68k on it and drives great even after the NASCAR sideswipe. I'll be updating this as I go along!

Attachments

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
View attachment 3172 View attachment 3173 View attachment 3174 View attachment 3175 View attachment 3176 View attachment 3177 Just acquired my donor and I'm super excited about getting this thing torn apart. Now it's just finding the time haha. The car has 68k on it and drives great even after the NASCAR sideswipe. I'll be updating this as I go along!
Congrats on getting started. When I first saw the first picture I immediately thought. What is this guy doing taking apart this clean car...then I saw the other side.
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located? Have you ordered your kit yet?

Lethalcast

Thank you! Lol ya, she looks good from the right. Im in Merritt island fl and I just ordered it the other day. It's going to be a extended city with easy entry!

Lethalcast

Ya I had been watching this one for over 2 months while they were waiting for the title. I figured I would be bidding against a bunch of goblins but got lucky and only one other place bid against me. The winning bid was 2300 and came to 2778 after all the fees. It was super hard finding this one and it was only 45m away haha.

BaltimoreHokie

Goblin Guru
Yeah. I watched mine for a long time too. Which looks similar to yours (see my build thread). But I was only looking at a few coparts near me because I didn't want to fool with shipping and I was hoping to see them in person before bidding. Looks like you have a few aftermarket goodies to sell as well to recoop some costs.

Lethalcast

Thank you guys! I'm going to sell everything I don't need! I need to get the tires off it so I'll stop tearing up the back streets of my neighborhood in it haha

JSATX

Goblin Guru
With that donor you're off to a good start. Looks like it has a number of upgrades too. Is that a wideband on the pillar? "Saving" money already haha.

Lethalcast

Lol steady saving money over here. It's a scan gauge and I don't see any kind of boost controller anywhere. Have no idea what tune is on it but it was hitting 23psi
20180330_181813.jpg

Lethalcast

Been a little bit since I posted but I got the donor torn apart the other day and it's ready to hit the scrap pile. Now the wireharness fun begins.
20180419_152005.jpg
20180419_200357.jpg
20180419_200500.jpg
20180420_193206.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Looks like a bunch of extra goodies! Nice find. That's a perfect car to use in a Goblin.

Looks like some sort of aftermarket engine mount in the last picture. That doesn't look like any of the others I have seen.

Keep posting your build! Glad to have you aboard!

Lethalcast

Thanks ctuinstra! Ill keep updating as i go! The front and rear mounts are zzp but I can see cracking in both, Idk if I should use them.
20180422_184742.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
The reason behind the solid mounts is that upper frame mounts are solid and if the lower two are rubber, they can allow for some torque movement of the engine/transmission and put extra stress on the upper two solid mounts. This is especially so on the higher power SS vehicles. The base models don't have to worry so much.