LNF Clutch and Brake Sensor Positions

ATMironov

I need to know in what position the clutch and brake pedal sensors are installed.
1. When the brake pedal is NOT pressed, is the sensor Loaded or unloaded? (Loaded meaning the spring in the sensor is trying to move the arm)
2. When the clutch pedal is NOT pressed, is the sensor loaded or unloaded?
This is only applicable to the LNF position sensors

This position is LOADED
IMG_8872.jpg

This Position is Unloaded
IMG_8873.jpg

Thanks!

AMCAMX1969

Haven't got a chance to look yet but I will probably have a chance this weekend if nobody else answers. I'm doing the same thing and will be using them with a Wilwood pedal assembly.

ATMironov

Haven't got a chance to look yet but I will probably have a chance this weekend if nobody else answers. I'm doing the same thing and will be using them with a Wilwood pedal assembly.
Thanks!
I'm going to add brake pressure sensors into both the clutch and brake lines, and I'm trying to figure out if I need Normally Open or Normally Closed sensors.
For your reference, both clutch and brake sensors use a 5v Reference.
The Brake sensor put out 5V when Loaded, the Clutch sensor puts out 0V when Loaded

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the brake and clutch sensors provide a variable output to the BCM and not just a make/break signal - for some of the switches (LNF, maybe some of the other later models)? You may want to put an ohm meter on the switch to see if it reads variable or if it's 0 ohms (closed) and Mohms (open). :D

ATMironov

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the brake and clutch sensors provide a variable output to the BCM and not just a make/break signal - for some of the switches (LNF, maybe some of the other later models)? You may want to put an ohm meter on the switch to see if it reads variable or if it's 0 ohms (closed) and Mohms (open). :D
They are variable...
My though is the BCM is looking for some voltage between 0 and 5 to activate the brake lights, so I just need to output that voltage using a standard brake pressure switch.

ATMironov

To close out this thread for future searchers.
The Brake Pedal Position Sensor, when the Brake Is NOT pressed is about 90% Loaded
The Clutch Pedal Position Sensor, when the Clutch is NOT pressed is 0% loaded

If you power on the car with the BPPS @ 0% or 100% Loaded, the BCM sees it as a failed sensor and turns the brake lights on no mater if you change the position of the sensor. You must unplug the battery to reset.
The BCM is looking for about 1v from the BPPS to keep the brake lights off. At about 1.4v it will turn on the brake lights. If the sensor output drops below about .75v or goes above 5v the BCM sees a failure of the BPPS and turns the brake lights on until you unplug the battery.

For the CPPS, the BCM is looking for about 1v to call the pedal active. This relates to about an 80-90% loading of the sensor.
At 100% loaded, the BCM see the sensor as not active, but does not create a fault.

I think this is all the pieces I need to figure out how to wire in On/Off pressure sensors to use with Tilton pedal box.