Lokian's Extended Street Gob in Indiana - 10 LS # 251

Lokian

Hi all.

The bug has been inside me for years. I saw recent youtube videos on goblins after looking at other kits and fell in love with the look. I have been looking at a "project" for a while now and was going to wait a few as i'm looking at building a barn first. Welp... found a donor for a decent price and jumped on it... ordered my kit the next day :). I'm sure there will be lots of questions and a few angry yelling at bolts scenarios but im ssooooooo excited. Like a little kid with a new toy :)

Anyway here is the donor... 2010 LS with 147k miles on it. And so it begins.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Great news, your on the list! I'm guessing late January to early February for the time your kit will be ready? Or did Adam give you a better date?

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Where in Indiana are you located? I am in the Andrews area and have frame #250 ordered. I was told early March and was planning on going to pick it up. Are you having yours shipped or picking up?

Lokian

Where in Indiana are you located? I am in the Andrews area and have frame #250 ordered. I was told early March and was planning on going to pick it up. Are you having yours shipped or picking up?
Located in Indianapolis area. Plans are to have it shipped to avoid the tax and the extra expenses of renting a trailer etc.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Located in Indianapolis area. Plans are to have it shipped to avoid the tax and the extra expenses of renting a trailer etc.
Well if thats the case.... if I have mine shipped it could save us both on shipping and not have to pay taxes.

Adam

Administrator
Staff member
I was told early March and was planning on going to pick it up.
Yours will be done well before March but that was when you said you might be in town for a convention. If you'd like for it to be shipped earlier, just shoot me an email.

Lokian

Running list of items to do and figure out.

• Clutch
  • Engine maintenance prior to install
    • rear main seal
    • timing set
    • water pump
    • spark plugs
    • O2 sensor
    • serp belt
    • bushings
    • tie rods
  • Seats - would like ones that I can slide back and forth
  • parking brake
  • Rims and tires
    • tires - r888 or N05
If anyone has suggestions or items to add please do so.

Last edited:

Goblin Graber

Running list of items to do and figure out.

• Clutch
  • Engine maintenance prior to install
    • rear main seal
    • timing set
  • Seats - would like ones that I can slide back and forth
  • parking brake
  • Rims and tires
    • tires - r888 or N05
If anyone has suggestions or items to add please do so.
Im slapping a water pump in mine while I’m doing the timing set.

I would also do spark plugs and a fresh O2 sensor

Goblin Graber

Thank you .. added those to the list.
Adam also recommended that I replace the rear control arm bushings with MOOG K200792. It’s a spherical bearing instead of a bushing.

You probably need a new serp belt so look around on the forum for the length you need to delete the AC.

Check to make sure the tie rod ends are good in your steering rack. They will be reused for the rear.