Lokian's Extended Street Gob in Indiana - 10 LS # 251

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
Got the BCM back and installed. Installed the kick plate temporarily with rivnuts for easy removal. Went to prime the fuel lines and massive leaks.

First one was I never realized or looked at the fuel filter inlets to see they are different size pipes and put the same size quick disconnects on.
Second was the fuel injectors. During this whole assembly and cleaning part I replaced the injector seals and I believe I put the wrong ones in. I Also noticed the receiver end on the fuel rail of one that was leaking badly was bent and not sitting like the others. I ordered some new injectors and a fuel rail to make sure it is sealed. Fuel ruined some paint on the engine luckily it is on the firewall side :).

Anyone know the nut size for the hubs to front plates?
How about size of carriage bolts for seats?
seats belt bolts?
headlight mount bolt size?
Glad you found the leaks safely. I was terribly afraid when we had a small leak when priming while the car was in the garage filling the room with vapor. Our neighbor's house exploded and caught fire when he was working on a small motorcycle and it fell over and spilled gas all over the floor.

Lokian

Glad you found the leaks safely. I was terribly afraid when we had a small leak when priming while the car was in the garage filling the room with vapor. Our neighbor's house exploded and caught fire when he was working on a small motorcycle and it fell over and spilled gas all over the floor.
Had 2 fire extinguishers ready to go. I know there will be some set back and plan for the worse

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Anyone know the nut size for the hubs to front plates? Do not know what you are referring to
How about size of carriage bolts for seats? 3/8-16
seats belt bolts? 7/16-20
headlight mount bolt size? 3/8-16

Lokian

Got started on the front suspension. Have everything minus the coilovers and hubs mounted due to missing hardware.

Did part of the rear as well while waiting on powder coating :)

Lokian

Fired up first try... minus forgetting the clutch :cool:

Now I have to figure out why its over heating...
Coolant reservoir got steaming but it never cooled down.

Ross

Goblin Guru
My guess: Big air bubble. If you rev the engine to 4-5000 RPM, the water pump has the power to push the air thru the system. I typically add about a gallon of coolant after the first 4 second rev up, and maybe a quart after the 2nd 4 second rev up. Of course you will want to wait until the engine isn't too hot or too cold. You can also bleed the air out other methods, but this is my easy way to do it.

Towerdog

Goblin Guru
Fired up first try... minus forgetting the clutch :cool:

Now I have to figure out why its over heating...
Coolant reservoir got steaming but it never cooled down.
Must be nice! I found my light gremlin but have nothing if I try and turn it over.

Lokian

My guess: Big air bubble. If you rev the engine to 4-5000 RPM, the water pump has the power to push the air thru the system. I typically add about a gallon of coolant after the first 4 second rev up, and maybe a quart after the 2nd 4 second rev up. Of course you will want to wait until the engine isn't too hot or too cold. You can also bleed the air out other methods, but this is my easy way to do it.
at what temp will you suggest revving it?

Lokian

Must be nice! I found my light gremlin but have nothing if I try and turn it over.
I turn the key and click... click... Then got the tester out and tested all grounding points... then came to the forum and was reading on one post about making sure the car is in park... then it hit me... I need to press the clutch in... duhhhhhhh. Fired right up. Hope it is this simple for you

Ross

Goblin Guru
If the engine is cold, start it, give it a minute, then rev it to 4K. Just a guess, but a minute with an air bubble in the head would be pretty warm, and with water in the jacket, it would be pretty cold.

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Message (pump) the hoses. while doing that feel for warmth, so you know what’s getting hot or not. It’ll flow through sooner or later.

Lokian

Coolant bled and fan kicking on!
thank you all for the suggestions but the final winner was the revving to 5k. Waited for it to hit 180 and then a few quick revs and the system had no more bubbles in it. Fan kicked on and the system started cooling down. Also the pipe on the driver front just after the radiator finally got hot.

Painted and installed muffler.. Not happy with the paint but ill try again at another time.

Installed parking brake system. Need to adjust it more as the driver side is tight and stops the wheel while the passenger still turns.

Next is the brake lines but I'm debating on it as I still need to install the front coilovers but I'm missing the hardware for it.

Last edited:

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
On a LNF, it goes through a check valve and on to the valve cover. Not sure if it's the same on a base 2.2, though.