Looking for a visual of the door bar styles

devianteng

I've tried finding images of the various door bar styles (full, easy entry, and double door bars) and haven't had a ton of luck. The updated order form does show an image of the double door bars, which I didn't know was an option when I ordered my kit back in Nov (still hasn't been built, so can update my order still). I have an extended full cage frame ordered, I guess with full door bars. Trying to determine if I want to change to the double door bars or not, so feedback would also be appreciated!

Ross

Goblin Guru
I made this video before DF offered the double door bar options, so it has the easy entry, and full door versions on the track and city frames.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I’m struggling a little also on what bars to get? I currently have a full cage with Double Doors, it’s a little awkward getting in and out but at same time the full cage allows me to grab the upper bar and pull my self up and out. At the moment the order of Goblin 2.0 is an Open Frame with Double Doors. Is it difficult to get out with out something to grab with your hands?

TheNuker

Goblin Guru
an Open Frame with Double Doors. Is it difficult to get out with out something to grab with your hands?
I don't have any issues, I generally place my hand on the rear hoop getting in, out is not much of an issue unless you like those really tight jeans :p

Nuker-

Jareth

Goblin Guru
I can make a video of how I manage to get in and out, perhaps someone could do the same for an open frame with the door bars and maybe the full bars?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Coming from a full frame, I felt like I was about to fall out of Ross's. Of course, Ross never drives lazily either....... ;)
You have to be a little flexible to enter a full frame and the halo helps.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Lol... Jason, you rode in my full frame goblin, as the frame was changed back in April 2021. I only had the 3 point seat belts when you rode, and those make everyone think they are going to fall out. Mad Max got 5 point seat belts now that the Houston SCCA instructor told me I need them to help hold the driver in the seat. Passengers who use the seat belts can rest a little easier being held down better.

devianteng

Thanks for the video, @Ross. Really gives a good idea of what it looks like with someone in there.

If I'm not mistaken, the double bars is basically the easy entry frame with an extra bar above? That's what it seems like at least.

GoblinGal

Goblin Guru
Thanks for the video, @Ross. Really gives a good idea of what it looks like with someone in there.

If I'm not mistaken, the double bars is basically the easy entry frame with an extra bar above? That's what it seems like at least.
The double door bars are similar to the full door bars but the upper bar is lowered to make it easier to get into.

SmsDetroit

Goblin Guru
My 65yr dad who is 6’0 and about 290lbs can get in my track frame with full do bars with little issue. The hoop makes it very easy to get in and out of