(LSJ) Cooling mods - Option B + Dual Pass, HE, etc...

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
I am also sort of planning this out now for my add on S/C.. The only thing I am doing different is running cold coolant through the pump. I have always learned that heat kills. so why run the warmer coolant through the pump.

I do not have the dual pass set up on mine just want to get it running for now but if I do have to upgrade I may do the Single pass mod by Jason Widdoson. next winter or send him my spare manifold sooner. Not sure yet

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
Great call Ron! This will also be less work for me since the line from the pump to the dual pass plate is already done. New diagram below:

GoblinGuyZ

I know i'm a couple years late but any idea where to put the orange line from the Option B tank given that the red circled area in the pic above is actually a bolt and not a nipple? Can I tee into the green circled nipple for the supercharger bypass? or will coolant potentially come out of there as well? And what happens if it's just left to vent to atmosphere? Anyone run the dual pass but not the Option B kit and just used back the original T with the pressure cap? If so any issues? TIA

Rttoys

Goblin Guru
Anyone run the dual pass but not the Option B kit and just used back the original T with the pressure cap? If so any issues? TIA
I have been running mine for a year without the option b tank. I ran everything the same as the stock single pass. Just added a y to go from dual back to the 1 line. Nothing bad has happened that I know of.

r3drckt

Goblin Guru
The point of the option B is to eliminate any air pockets in the system that would hinder flow. But it’d have to be configured like ZZP says with tapping the manifold to do so. Otherwise, option B just because a bigger reservoir for coolant than the stock fill port.