LSJ Dipstick Tube

Ross

Goblin Guru
I would think you could make a new tube out of soft copper pipe from the local hardware store. Epoxy in the bottom tube, or sweat on a thread adapter, bend it to shape. Some builders have done this technique for the parking brake tubes.

PHENDERSON

Only the one on the left I complete, the other 2 are broken...look just like mine when I tried to remove it. The last inch or so with the 2 rubber seals breaks off in the engine block. I have been searching for a replacement for months. If I find some I will let everyone know.

Iwanttogofast

Can anyone with a completed LSJ Goblin advise how much room is left in front of the dipstick before any interference? I would imagine that it would be the gas tank that is closest to the the dipstick(?). Just wondering if the dipstick from the 2.2L/2.4L N/A engines (which is supposed to be shorter - does not clear the supercharger) may still be accessible after the build with an LSJ engine. In other words... If I make the dipstick from the 2.2L/2.4L engines fit, will I have access to the dipstick ring to check my oil level?

Iwanttogofast

Thank you, Sir!! I think I'm going to give that a shot. It looks as if there is plenty of room to be able to check oil level even with a shorter dipstick & tube.

Has anyone come up with a solution to a replacement? I am in search of a tube and dipstick for an LNF. It is discontinued everywhere :(

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Maybe a dumb idea since I don't have an LNF, but would an LDK Buick Regal dipstick work? https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts/gm-engine-oil-dipstick-12625463

edit: ZZP says about the LDK dipstick, "Can be used on LNF and LSJ engines as well, but will not read oil level correctly nor match up to the intake manifold mounting points." If you're desperate enough and can get it to mount, I guess you could notch the dipstick after precisely measuring volume on an oil change? I'd imagine too it has a harder time fitting on an LSJ than an LNF. https://zzperformance.com/products/ldk-lhu-dipstick-and-tube

I would like to guess that the diameter of the tube that pushes into the pan would be the same on the Regal. I can't seem to find any information about the length/diameter of the tube or dipstick.
My tube is crushed at the top 1" and the loop on the top of the stick is busted off. Maybe I could cut the tube down to about 4" long and cut down a new dipstick to match. Then use your idea of making custom markings on the stick.