LSJ e85, Stage 2 Cams/retainers/springs/ATI

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Hey All,

I have been waiting to post my tune due to the renditions that ZZP and I had to complete to generate a stable tune (20+). ZZP was great at customer service and I appreciated being able to remote tune. Please take a look at my latest log and let me know what your feedback is. Overall I have been on 2-3 rides since the final tune and most recent ride was very aggressive its too bad I did not log it.

Build
1. e85
2. 870cc injectors - FIC870SPLIT
3. ZZP Stage 2 Cams
4. ZZP Titanium Retainers/Springs #82
5. 3.1 Pulley
6. Dual Bypass
7. Diamond Pistons 9.5:1 / Stock Rods
8. ARP Studs
9. Gen3 Block
10. LSJ Head
11. ATI Overdrive Balancer
12. AEM AFR Gauge with Serial to USB connection to HP Tuners.

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
How is your idle with those big 83 lb/hr injectors?
I am hoping the bosch injectors and split sprays are able to go low enough for idle, but big enough for E85. These are the injectors I bought for my race engine... maybe next year I will get around to building it, this year I want to work on areodynamics.
I see they raised your idle from 750 rpm to 950.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Looking in your log file, I see you rev'd the engine to 7250 for a moment in first gear, but most of the log file, you are driving pretty calmly.
Your idle is 1180-1270 rpm, even thou your engine was 189F, and the idle at that point is set to 950. Not sure if some other factors play into why it is still in high idle.

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
Looking in your log file, I see you rev'd the engine to 7250 for a moment in first gear, but most of the log file, you are driving pretty calmly.
Your idle is 1180-1270 rpm, even thou your engine was 189F, and the idle at that point is set to 950. Not sure if some other factors play into why it is still in high idle.
View attachment 34149
What’s your take on the IAT2 temps after some research I’m a bit concerned and need to double check my intercooler pump. I’ll attach a video of idle today.

Ross

Goblin Guru
Most of the time you are 160F, but I did see 155-174F at times.
You are right, that is warm. Your IAT1 was 99F, so it was a warm day when you logged it.
It might be your intercooler pump, or the laminova tubes need cleaning... they get gunked up from the crank case vent hose having a bit of oil in it.

Keckster

do you have a narrowband on your car as well? I've been trying to go the simulated from a plx wideband but we are not sure if it is reading correctly...

ncgoblin

Goblin Guru
View attachment 34149
Attached cold/warm start