LsJ owners, how did you build the right engine cooling hose?

Oldchevyguy

Hi guys. Trying to plumb the cooling hoses on the supercharged 2.0 engine. In particular the passenger side. I've had contact with someone who used a steel pipe to do the curve. I asked where he got the pipe. His response was to look at his build logs, but I cant find mention of where he got it.
Is there another way to do this? Curious how everyone did it. Thanks.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru

post #59

Oldchevyguy

post #59
Thanks. Ordered it from Summit. Can you tell me what hose you used above the metal tube?

ccannx

Goblin Guru
It doesn't make it all the way to the top but it has all the right bends to get around the belts. It works really well but doesn't look as nice as the pipe. I believe someone mentioned using a swaging tool to make the pipe work.

Ross

Goblin Guru
The side and top view with the stock hose. I zip tied it to the frame and to the gas vent line to hold it away from the pulleys.

I got caught in the rain yesterday, and it left the hose looking brown and spotty. Doesn't usually look this bad.

Parson Green

Hi guys. Trying to plumb the cooling hoses on the supercharged 2.0 engine. In particular the passenger side. I've had contact with someone who used a steel pipe to do the curve. I asked where he got the pipe. His response was to look at his build logs, but I cant find mention of where he got it.
Is there another way to do this? Curious how everyone did it. Thanks.
On an LSJ engine (in a Goblin kitcar) a coolant hose routed over top of the SC snout is a coolant hose "taking the long way around" ...

The way we did ours can be seen in this video. Zero kinking and it's been working great. It was made using hoses we received from DF in our stage-two kit.

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
On an LSJ engine (in a Goblin kitcar) a coolant hose routed over top of the SC snout is a coolant hose "taking the long way around" ...

The way we did ours can be seen in this video. It's been working great and it was made using hoses we received from DF in our stage-two kit.

That looks considerably shorter. Nice!