LSJ Replacement Oil Pan

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I'm needed to finally swap out my oil pan on the LSJ engine. Just wanted to know, which stock pan is the best for oil sloshing to replace my cracked LSJ pan? I would want the LSJ dipstick tube to bolt/press back in. I'm not looking to get a full on race pan. I'm only going to autocross maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

So which one and why?

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
I should think a stock replacement pan would suffice, since you are not hard-core tracking your Goblin. You could pick one up for cheap $ at a pick-a-part or off ebay. :)

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I should think a stock replacement pan would suffice, since you are not hard-core tracking your Goblin. You could pick one up for cheap $ at a pick-a-part or off ebay. :)
The LSJ one is a little difficult to find. I can find the 2.2/2.4L variant easily. The LKQ type places let you just pull pans off engines? I figured they pulled the whole engine assembly to sell off as they are a bit pricey.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
Are there any options other than a stock style or full race?
The LHU holds more oil, I think, But I don't know if it is a simple bolt on.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I was under the impression that the 'gasket' was just GM Gasket Glue that you let sit for 24 hours.

Are there any options other than a stock style or full race?
The LHU holds more oil, I think, But I don't know if it is a simple bolt on.
I wasn't clear in my OP. What I'm looking for is stock pans, but possibly the LNF pan or LE5 pan etc. that will bolt up to the LSJ engine and is a better option than the LSJ pan. I think someone mentioned the LE5 is an upgrade as far as oil sloshing but a decrease in capacity. This is they type of information I'm looking for. I'm not looking to go to a full race $600 or higher setup.