LSJ Valves: Ti vs Stainless

newbtrying

Currently rebuilding the engine of my donor, a 2007 LSJ. Also waiting on my kit (#457). I've got a ton of aftermarket parts I'm throwing in, including a ZZP turbo, stage 3 cams, 80# injectors, heavier valve springs with Ti caps, zero balance shafts, timing chain upgraded guides, 10.5:1 compression pistons, H-beam connecting rods, and am planning to power it with E85. I'm aware this will put out ridiculous power, but my goal is to make this car be ridiculous.

My question: would Ti or inconel valves be something I should buy? or would I be fine replacing my beat-up old valves with black nitride-coated Supertech valves? OR, should I spend the extra and get stainless Ferrea valves? would love all opinions.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
How much money do you want to spend? Sounds like you have a bunch in it already, go for the best and make the most ridiculous power possible! :p:cool:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Lighter valves = higher rpm. Inconel is just a specific type of stainless steel. Are they sodium filled exhaust valves? That helps cool them, and makes them lighter.

newbtrying

sodium filled valves are way above what I'm willing to spend on valves haha. The only lighter-weight option I would entertain would be Ti. I guess i was under the wrong assumption that inconel was lighter than stainless. It's definitely tougher, though.

Are there any negatives to the black nitride-coated valves other than their weight?

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
How much money do you want to spend? Sounds like you have a bunch in it already, go for the best and make the most ridiculous power possible! :p:cool:
Just FYI- A LSJ Goblin with a Stage 2 setup is already pretty ridiculous. I can't imagine what a 300+ hrsprs one feels like. Mine already melts my face off from the acceleration. That 600 hrsprs one in the Atlanta region must be completely insane.

Tinkles

Before I opened the thread I was going to say that stock valves will be good for most setups, but then I saw this isn't "most setups". I'd highly recommend the Ti intake valves and Inconel exhaust valves. The Ti valves are less likely to stretch/deform and the Inconel will withstand the heat better in extreme setups. Everything you listed are reasons to go the Ti/Inconel route.

I wanna say that I remember reading somewhere that the stock LSJ exhaust valves are sodium filled.

Also I am also a big fan of high compression, high boost, and good fuel. Pump E85 is allowed to have too much variance in it, so I personally wouldn't use it in extreme setup. Ignite Red(E90) is my 1st choice.