Luke's City Frame Goblin '07 SS/SC Registered!!!!

lksohm

I may ask for a few pictures. I'm not sure of what goes where exactly yet.
Thanks for all the good ideas!

Nilbog

LIke the color. I didnt prep the metal at all so the finish isnt as smooth as the chassis will be. In different light conditions it my opinion is changes from a "royal" blue color to a far more vibrant blue as i would say the picture looks below. I do agree, with the lighter color metals it looks a bit more translucent (hanger wire in picture).

20181225_185818.jpg

lksohm

I have been part prepping lately. It has taken me a few hours to get this far on the subframe.
I wanted to verify that it's ok to cut off the old radiator mounts. I assume they won't be used any more. 20181229_155804.jpg

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
I have been part prepping lately. It has taken me a few hours to get this far on the subframe.
I wanted to verify that it's ok to cut off the old radiator mounts. I assume they won't be used any more. View attachment 6695

I got rid of them. No need for them. Some used them to mount the ambient air temp sensor for the dash, but I just mounted mine on the center engine cover forward tab since I don't have an engine cover. The welds are thick and take a lot of grinding.

lksohm

Good deal. Weight reduction Haha.
I won't have an engine cover either so I may do something similar.
I want to weld in the un used holes as well. Just clean it up a bit.

lksohm

Haven't updated my build log for a while because, well, I haven't made much progress worth mentioning other than some engine clean up and painting.

I was wondering if it would cause any problems if I were to weld in and smooth out the unused engine/trans mounting holes before coating. I believe that the holes circled in red won't be used and would make for a cleaner look without them.

20190329_203211.jpg20190329_203217.jpg

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
That's some relatively thick metal which will take a lot of heat. At the risk of warpage, I wouldn't worry about filling them in. Plus it saves weight. :)

Ross

Goblin Guru
Haven't updated my build log for a while because, well, I haven't made much progress worth mentioning other than some engine clean up and painting.

I was wondering if it would cause any problems if I were to weld in and smooth out the unused engine/trans mounting holes before coating. I believe that the holes circled in red won't be used and would make for a cleaner look without them.

View attachment 7952View attachment 7953
Plastic cap and paint? Ebay

lksohm

Well, after 61 days of waiting, my frame is finally powder coated!
I really like that color I chose. It looks even better in person.
20190621_184156.jpg

lksohm

Now for the bad news.
There are a lot of obvious marks and looks like deep scratches.
I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of the coating shop yet but he said he warranties his work. Does anyone know how these can be fixed?
I dont want to start assembly til this is taken care of.
It never ends!!

20190621_184239.jpg20190621_184250.jpg20190621_184300.jpg

askiles

Goblin Guru
Now for the bad news.
There are a lot of obvious marks and looks like deep scratches.
I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of the coating shop yet but he said he warranties his work. Does anyone know how these can be fixed?
I dont want to start assembly til this is taken care of.
It never ends!!

View attachment 9061View attachment 9062View attachment 9063

Wow!! That’s bad. They will probably have to blast the frame and powercoat again. Not sure if it will be the whole chassis that get shot again, but it might be. That’s pretty bad. Powder isn’t like paint where you can just spot touch up. That’s unfortunate.

lksohm

I have seen lamps like this for powder coating.
Maybe this could be used for touch up areas?
Either way I know that it would bother me to no end the way it is now. I'm just beyond ready to start assembly.

lksohm

I decided to do all my wiring when I had a frame ready to accept the harness so I could better visualize how everything fit together. I am to that point now.
I have made it to the last video where the dash harness is added to the rest of the circuit. I am having a tough time at knowing exactly needs to be done. With the differences between years and options I have had to make many assumptions about what needs to be done and I am growing less and less confident that I have things done correctly.
Are there any resources with wiring diagrams or any other help?

I also have an untouched harness that i picked up off another member. As a last resort what does it take to have DF rework it for me?

Thank you!