MAF Tuning Getting Started

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
That 3 min run was just running in the garage to see what the car would do after turning everything that was off to MAF tune back on. I thought I did away with the evap during the build? Believe the template file Chad shared disabled LTFTs.

Well **** that means something in my math/graph is wrong as well, but I've gotten data from it.
Yes, the EVAP shouldn't have anything play in this, assuming it's plugged off. The template does have the LTFT disabled. Just make sure you clear your current LTFT before you start tuning, you don't want those changing your fueling, you'll be chasing your tail.

Because he cannot see your data, doesn't mean your math is wrong, just both of you are don't have everything set up the exact same.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Yes, the EVAP shouldn't have anything play in this, assuming it's plugged off. The template does have the LTFT disabled. Just make sure you clear your current LTFT before you start tuning, you don't want those changing your fueling, you'll be chasing your tail.

Because he cannot see your data, doesn't mean your math is wrong, just both of you are don't have everything set up the exact same.
I don't think I ever cleared my LTFT. :oops:

Finally got it to work. I typed in Andrew's formula, and restarted the VCM scanner software.
View attachment 24771
Any idea why I get the 4 red dots on the graph?

ctuinstra

Goblin Guru
At the risk of sounding dumb, what four red dots are you talking about? Can you show an image of it? I've looked back at the previous images and don't see anything.