Main harness - Light blue wire

KD0AXS

Hey guys, I'm on part 4 of the wiring process. I don't seem to have this light blue wire referenced in step 14. Anyone happen to know what this wire is for and if it might be a different color? My donor is an 06 SS SC.

I do have a light blue wire coming from the smaller dark gray connector, but it appears the one shown in the video is from the large connector.

Thanks!

Attachments

RouteAbel

I think that is added in to be the extension to the radiator fan. In the original videos they used a larger black cable for this purpose. Either way it would be a single wire from near the fuse box up toward the headlights and not actually attached to any of your connectors.

The radiator fan wire is part of the engine harness so will be connected after you install the fuse box.

marksdad

I think that wire originally comes from the center brake light. It should be fairly long. I believe that is where it came from on my 2008 SS TC model. Near the end of video 6 it references that wire - says it is used for the cruise control on late models. I just finished Video 6. It is still draped over the fuse box.

KD0AXS

I think that wire originally comes from the center brake light. It should be fairly long. I believe that is where it came from on my 2008 SS TC model. Near the end of video 6 it references that wire - says it is used for the cruise control on late models. I just finished Video 6. It is still draped over the fuse box.
Yeah I think I figured it out. It is the third brake light wire, I labeled everything while taking the donor apart. What had me confused is that mine comes from the smaller dark gray connector but in the video it comes from the larger fuse box connector.