Manual donor fuel filter placement

jFritzies

Where exactly does the fuel filter mount with a manual donor car? I’m trying to test fit mine but it’s just running into the tranny.

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I'm not sure what exactly you are trying to do, but those will only work for connecting plastic tube to plastic tube, not to rubber. I've never used those for fuel line and don't think I would for FI type pressures with fuel. Maybe carburetor pressure. What pressure are they rated for?

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Have not been able to find pressure rating On the connector but the nylon line is rated at 200psi. The stock lines shown in picture below are hard nylon, I don like how the stock lines are bent to route them to where I want to install the fuel filter so I want do buy some fresh 3/8 nylon fuel line and splice it in at the fuel pump?

This the stock connector on the end that pushes into the fuel filter, is just pressed into the nylon tubing no clamps.

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
You can find adaptors for the quick connect ends to change them to -AN lines, although the one on the bottom would work with rubber fuel line and FI hose clamps. I'm not familiar with your connection on the pump end so I'm not sure what you can do on that end. Maybe someone else will have some ideas.

I looked up a generic nylon tube union similar to what you showed from Amazon and the pressure rating was 145psi so they likely would work. I would just be hesitant to put that many connection points in the system since that is that many more point of failure.

Jareth

Goblin Guru
Perhaps this would be an option, took a LOT and I mean a LOT of force to get this reinforced fuel line on followed up with a clamp on. (Just ordered some FI Clamps)

I could then carefully remove the nylon hose at the pump and force the fuel line on followed by a clamp RED ARROWS?

Also I assume the fitting marked w8th ”R” is the return, what would the other fitting be marked with, I can not quite make it out?

Last edited:

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
I would guess that you could use rubber hose at the pump, but I don't know what is under those nylon tubes. Make sure your rubber line is rated for Fuel Injection.

The other line looks like it's marked with an S, maybe, that might stand for supply.

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
I used 3/8" ID 30R9 fuel hose and the fuel injection style mini hose clamps for my fuel lines. Use a sharp razor blade to slice the nylon line parallel to the centerline axis of the fittings and remove the nylon lines from the pump and factory fitting, then reuse them.