Manual shifter cable install. Helppp

jFritzies

So the videos on YouTube show them put together an automatic base model goblin and they don’t show how to run the shifter cables and how they mount to the transmission. Anybody have steps on what to do? My donor is a 2008 LS manual

Lonny

Administrator
Staff member

Your transmission cable mount will be different.
20210410_130025.jpg

Last edited:

jFritzies

Your transmission cable mount will be different.
View attachment 24842
Does the shifter cable hardware come with stage 2?

jamesm

Goblin Guru
One thing to note with a base LS manual, you'll need to trim the counterweight or it will hit the frame and you won't be able to shift through all the gears.
Manual shifter cable install. Helppp | DF Kit Car Forum 2021-06-23 18-37-40.png

Lokian

you will need to trim the counterweight as noted. Also the mount on the top of the bracket needs to pushed out a little as I had binding there. I put the bracket in between the rubber bushings and it helped out a little.

Last edited:

MattyP

View attachment 24854

you will need to trim the counterweight as noted. Also the mount on the top of the bracket needs to pushed out a little as I had binding there. I put the bracket in between the rubber bushings and it helped out a little.
Is this how everyones looks? I feel like there is some tension on my cables with it being so cocked.

Robinjo

Goblin Guru
I have an F35 trans and those photos are the F23 (I think). But yeah, one of my cables has a decent ‘bend’ in it and works perfectly fine.

LLBenJ

My kit was missing the required transmission cable mount for my F35. The mount pushes the cable connections up and away aligning them. I see Lonny's response above so double check your kit, and with DF, if a new mount is required for that transmission.

MattyP

I have an F35 trans and those photos are the F23 (I think). But yeah, one of my cables has a decent ‘bend’ in it and works perfectly fine.
I have F23 as well but yea mine look similar, Ive seen a few other people show that the mounting plate was updated in 2021 from a side by side, to a more up and down mount for the cables to allow them to lay better. I have kit #360 and I wonder if I was before they included the new mount.