Manual Shifter Upgrade

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
I WANT ONE NOW LONNY :D
MY shifter broke yesterday so broke out the JB WELD . Hope it last until you get this into production !:D

Attachments

Last edited:

Bajakid1450

MY shifter broke yesterday so broke out the JB WELD . Hope it last until you get off your butt :eek: and get this masterpiece into production !:D
MY shifter broke yesterday so broke out the JB WELD . Hope it last until you get off your butt :eek: and get this masterpiece into production !:D
Let me see if I still have mine, if I do I’ll send it to you :) just for you to get by till the new one comes out

k.rollin

Goblin Guru
This should be able to get you through in the meantime, no?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
This should be able to get you through in the meantime, no?
Yes I just didn’t want to spend 45 dollars on that one little fitting and then turn around and buy Lonnys and want need it anymore.

dastrups

I'm assuming by the looks of it this new design doesn't put as much of a strain on the tunnel cap. Looks alot less flexible. That sound right? Smart words are not coming to me tonight lol.
I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't look like it's moving around when he punches it over to 5th gear.

dastrups

For some time now we have been designing a shifter to replace the worn-out stock shifters and reverses and have now finalized a design.
View attachment 23448

It has changed a little from the image below. After testing we redesigned it to be closer to the passenger side of the Goblin.
View attachment 23450

We have the prototype installed in Adam,s Goblin.

We replaced the rubber dust covers with flexible socks to reduce the drag on the cables.

We will be testing it around here and if all is well we will have it in while at the meetup next week.

The production shifters are still several months out.
They will be anodized in various colors and clear.
The kit will include a replacement tunnel cap.

The complete shifter kit price will be?????
TBD at a later date.
Clear would be just like a bare aluminum look, right? I imagine the new tunnel cap will just be unpainted like in the kit?

JPas914

I’m in for a kit too when they become available. It looks great in person, and I can’t wait to ditch the Cobalt’s plastic shifter base once this is in production.

DCMoney

Goblin Guru
Not to be that guy, but... has it all gone smoothly? I'm trying to refrain from hitting refresh on the store website!
Going smoothly is probably more related to sourcing materials, parts etc. I work in manufacturing and we still haven't caught up on back orders due to shortages from covid.

Rauq

Goblin Guru
Going smoothly is probably more related to sourcing materials, parts etc. I work in manufacturing and we still haven't caught up on back orders due to shortages from covid.
Same... we're ordering robots at the beginning of our manufacturing projects, risking them laying around and burning warranty but hoping to get them in time before we need them, whereas in the past we tried to wait on the order to prevent them from sitting around. There's something in there about that being a contributor to the underlying supply issues, but in the end I'm just an underling.