Map wire pin location

Motoracer110

I’m fixing problems and finding other problems. Long story short I had to buy a new engine harness from gm and it’s missing one of the plugs to one of the map sensors for a 2009 cobalt ss turbo 2.0

Does anyone know the pins for this that connects to the computer? I am wanting to just run new wires to this map

unfortunately I can’t find the info anywhere on the web

Motoracer110

Good news found the plug on the old harness I labeled it incorrectly when I thought I was going to reuse it. I’m going to strip that plug back and see where it ends up

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
The ECM X1 connector is the bigger one.

1. Pin 1 Gray ECM X1 Pin 43
2. Pin 2 Light Blue ECM X1 Pin 86
3. Pin 3 Tan ECM X1 Pin 40
4. Pin 4 Purple ECM X1 Pin 66

I looked back and found that you bought a new harness? I hope your new harness has the wires to hook up your sensor.

Motoracer110

The ECM X1 connector is the bigger one.

1. Pin 1 Gray ECM X1 Pin 43
2. Pin 2 Light Blue ECM X1 Pin 86
3. Pin 3 Tan ECM X1 Pin 40
4. Pin 4 Purple ECM X1 Pin 66

I looked back and found that you bought a new harness? I hope your new harness has the wires to hook up your sensor.
Thank u this is a big help. No the new harness did not have that connection. Unfortunately gm said the harness was made to order so I was stuck with it with no returns. Today I’m going to walk the old harness back and take out that plug with wires then connect them to the pins on the new harness and run to the sensor.
my neighbor has a nice code reader that I’ll pick up today as well

Motoracer110

Success! I wired that connector sensor in and getting full 15 lbs boost!! This thing is a monster now. Thank u a ton for the help. I now have the issue where in first gear and second gear my foot bounces off the throttle and starts jerking the car. Do you know how to better ease first and second gear?

JBINTX

Goblin Guru
Wait till you tune it and get to 25 psi boost!

The accelerator pedal electric sensor is VERY sensitive. With all the horsepower and only 1600 lbs, it does not take much to get that jerky motion going. You can mitigate it with a calmer /smoother / quieter right foot. So, you gotta learn how to drive the new MONSTER.....

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
A trick that some people use when driving a car with a sensitive throttle, twist the top your right foot outward to contact structure - the wire tunnel in the Goblin - and use it to keep your foot from bouncing. It will feel awkward at first but varying the pressure of your foot against the structure can allow for very minute changes in throttle position.

Motoracer110

Desert is correct, you can control some of the foot bounce by resting your foot against the tunnel.
As you drive, some of the bounce will disappear as your brain learns the pedal.
Thank u all! Now telling my wife every time I take the goblin out I’m going to school. Learning my pedal skills ;)

Briann1177

Goblin Guru
Awesome. Glad you got it fixed. How did you integrate the old wiring into the new harness which didn't originally come with those wires?

Motoracer110

Awesome. Glad you got it fixed. How did you integrate the old wiring into the new harness which didn't originally come with those wires?
Haha well those exact wires were at the plug and went to something. I could have traced them and messed up the nice wire wraps but didn’t want to do that and just abandoned where those wires went and soldered the new wires in place.
The harness had one plug with 3 wires that was incorrect and I had to buy the new correct plug to make it fit a sensor.
The only thing I can think is they ran the wires and didn’t put the plug on or it has a incorrect plug. I did not thin out the engine harness from the items not used on the goblin. this new line is it’s own line going directly to the sensor
Below is a pic of the new wires soldered and heat sealed