Master cylinder remote lines

Indy Lonnie

Thought I would share, I found a cheap master cylinder remote lines at Tractor Supply. EPDM tubing - 10' roll for $9.99. It is compatible with brake fluid. I picked up 2 rolls: 1/4” for the master cylinder lines and 3/8” for the clutch line.

Last edited:

D&dgoblin69

Question on the 1/4 perm hose? Is it a snug fit or you clamp it down? I ask because I picked up 7mm hose and it’s loose

Gtstorey

Goblin Guru
And you also need to pay attention to I.D. vs nominal size. Indy Lonnie's picture shows 1/4 id hose being sold as 3/8 nominal. Of course at 7mm, that was probably id since 7mm nominal would likely be to small.

Indy Lonnie

Question on the 1/4 perm hose? Is it a snug fit or you clamp it down? I ask because I picked up 7mm hose and it’s loose
The pic shows 1/4” as 6.4mm. I can’t remember how tight it was, but I used clamps. It has been almost 5 years now with no leaks with the clamps. I know on the clutch line - I had to use the 3/8”. The 1/4 wouldn’t fit.

Indy Lonnie

And you also need to pay attention to I.D. vs nominal size. Indy Lonnie's picture shows 1/4 id hose being sold as 3/8 nominal. Of course at 7mm, that was probably id since 7mm nominal would likely be to small.
In the pic, there is actually 2 different sizes. Both 1/4” and 3/8”. I used 1/4” for the brake lines and 3/8” for the clutch.