Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
So it doesn't look like there's any adjustments in tech2 for the brake switch like there is for the clutch, my brakes are still 100% on all the time. Even when I pull off the switch from the mount and jiggle it, nothing changes. Not sure what's up with that.

However the good news is all lights are wired up and working. DRLs and the low beam were all blown fuses. Took it for a drive around the neighborhood and got a lot of thumbs up.

Time to start the registration process I guess.

Any thoughts on the brake lights? I guess I could replace the switch.

Kenny123

So it doesn't look like there's any adjustments in tech2 for the brake switch like there is for the clutch, my brakes are still 100% on all the time. Even when I pull off the switch from the mount and jiggle it, nothing changes. Not sure what's up with that.

However the good news is all lights are wired up and working. DRLs and the low beam were all blown fuses. Took it for a drive around the neighborhood and got a lot of thumbs up.

Time to start the registration process I guess.

Any thoughts on the brake lights? I guess I could replace the switch.
I am gonna start on reg too man. Let's help each other out.

Brian74

Goblin Guru
I had some issue with my brake lights staying on when I was doing my mock-up. Racking my brain now trying to remember what was causing it.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I'll check the plunger alignment later. I got a new brake position switch off Amazon and it didn't fix anything so I'll return it.

Would not having my brake fluid sensor plugged in have anything to do with this? While doing my wiring I accidentally threw that plug end away and found a similar one and soldered it on. It ended up being the wrong one so I need to retro fit it but I haven't done that yet cause it's low priority.

Tonight's progress i got the seat belts fully installed. That's about it lol.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yesterday I insured #191 with Progressive, $37 a month for liability. I also paid my property taxes. Today I have an appointment with the DMV to get everything registered and legal. I think I'm the only SC builder in recent times to register the kit as a kit (I know Justin Reed did his as a Cobalt) so I'll make sure to document everything they make me do. I was told by a local police officer that he would not sign an affidavit certifying that it wasn't stolen (even though he's supposed to) so I'm trailering the goblin to the DMV to have them look at it.

In all of my documentation I did not write down the donor's mileage. All my paperwork from Copart list the mileage as "EXEMPT" and the mileage is not showing up on the gauge cluster because I don't have the info button wired up yet, so I'm going to attempt to get it officially set at 0. The plan was to get Odo-Pro to reset it to 0 but I was lazy and didn't get to it yet. If I am successful in getting the DMV to set the mileage to 0 I'll have Odo-Pro reset it, otherwise I'll go with the engine's mileage of 129k.

Also, I made this snazzy little ignition placeholder for my @bradr ignition bypass... I still need the key to bypass VATs but I am going push start with his little piece... key goes in to satisfy VATs, then I'll have one toggle button for ON and another momentary button for START. Pretty happy with the fitment, it looks slick.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
You're making me really want to invest in a 3D printer.
It's probably the best investment I've made as a home hobby-goer, I've really enjoyed getting back in to 3D modeling although CAD work is a good bit different from mesh modeling I did in college. My wife has seen the light when I made a new foot for our couch that recently broke.

Are you wearing Christmas PJs?
Yes. We get a new family matching set each year.

402B59A3-AD8A-4898-8400-FE89BE2D854B.jpeg

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay, so I just got back from the DMV. They won't do it - I had all the correct paperwork but they said they can't do kit cars at the local office, I have to mail things in.

So...

SC DMV: 1
Mayor West: 0

Edit: Further notes are I need a VIN, not a serial (DFGB####), so I have to apply for that through the mail.... that's where I was hung up. So I'm going ot mail that off now.

Those of you who are SC folks who want to do it the "right" way (IE, not registering/insuring a totaled cobalt as your kit) will need to do this route before going to the DMV in person.

Last edited:

PaulPerger

I was just looking through some of your photos. I really like the look of your engine. What paint and color did you use to paint your block?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I was just looking through some of your photos. I really like the look of your engine. What paint and color did you use to paint your block?
I got them from AutoZone. Basic high temp engine paint, silver and the top is wrinkle red powder. Not 100% sure what color but I think I may have a leftover can somewhere to check.