Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Today I received my new seats: Braum Elite-X in Denim.

They're extremely soft and comfortable. 10% off coupon and free shipping, $0 taxes so it ended up being cheaper buying from their main website than off Amazon or eBay, where taxes ended up eating into it. I sold my oem SS seats for $530 so that took most of the price down for me.

I also ordered a Borg Warner S252 turbo, zzp t3 manifold, and a clutch kit today.

According to Adam's latest email, I should have my kit shipped out in the next 2-3 weeks, fingers crossed.

Attachments

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Great looking seats, look very comfortable and should be cooler not being leather(ette). New goodies from ZZP is always nice to have, send photos so we can all enjoy seeing them...and thinking of ways to spend our own $$$ for (future?) upgrades. :D

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Turbo/Manifold are here, mocked up with a few bolts for a test fit / turbo clock.

Need to get some oil lines & piping/hoses figured out next, but wanted to have it on hand before I got anything. I imagine it's going to be fairly loud with basically a "good exit" style downpipe right off the back. May revisit that of it gets obnoxious but it may help people see/hear me and not change lanes and run me over.

Looking at an aftermarket BMW 135 intercooler, too. Thicc stubby things with a low profile but a lot of volume to make a review mirror suitable.

Considering a super cheap wastegate for initial fun because tials are not cheap, but we'll see how that goes.

Still waiting on the kit to be shipping, I'm getting antsy and excited.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Finally knocked out the wiring harness a few nights ago and got my spare room cleaned up from the mess. Today I cleaned up my garage to prepare for the kit delivery because I got the call from Stewart Transport with the info on my delivery ETA: it should be picked up early next week and delivered by May 8th or 9th. I'm last of the 6 kits being delivered in this run, which sucks. It'd be nice to get it before my birthday on May 10th.

At 12 weeks from order to pickup, I'm very ready to begin assembly.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Painted my engine and various bits recently and started reassembling the engine components. Really glad I painted it, even though I acid washed the block, it still had corrosion and mess on it. It's just rattle can so it's not really tough but it looks good and should be easy to touch up.

The blue tape is to remind me that the crank bolt isn't torqued down.

Adam said my kit, along with 5 others, was shipped out yesterday. I'm the last on the truck so I hope to get it Thursday or Friday.

Fingers crossed!

Torchandregdoc

Goblin Guru
It's probably because you bought a Goblin and he is having to haul it with his Factory 5 equipment. Lol waaaaaa. Congrats on getting the car. Let the fun begin.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
He was insulting me because I couldn't lift the kit fully loaded off of his cart. When I said I couldn't lift it by myself he sarcastically said "do you want me to lift it for you?" Then he tried, immediately got upset that it was heavy, and said I had to do it. So I just ignored everything else he said and slid the kit off the dolly without much help from him. He mocked me for not having more help for him, saying "I guess you thought we could do it all by ourselves, most folks have 4 or 5 guys over to help" even though we did and it wasn't a big deal. He kept getting upset with me when I didn't read his mind when he expected me to do something or go somewhere with my part of the kit I was holding.

I waved goodbye to him, said thanks, and told him to drive safely. He just looked at me with his fat face and turned around and walked back to his truck.

He was a real joy to have over.

Last edited:

JeffsGoblin

Goblin Guru
He was insulting me because I couldn't lift the kit fully loaded off of his cart. When I said I couldn't lift it by myself he sarcastically said "do you want me to lift it for you?" Then he tried, immediately got upset that it was heavy, and said I had to do it. So I just ignored everything else he said and slid the kit off the dolly without much help from him. He mocked me for not having more help for him, saying "I guess you thought we could do it all by ourselves, most folks have 4 or 5 guys over to help" even though we did and it wasn't a big deal. He kept getting upset with me when I didn't read his mind when he expected me to do something or go somewhere with my part of the kit I was holding.

I waved goodbye to him, said thanks, and told him to drive safely. He just looked at me with his fat face and turned around and walked back to his truck.

You should've told him you'd give him a ride in the Goblin after its finished... THAT would cheer his rude self up! :D;)

JBINTX

Goblin Guru

some people are just mad at the world. Not your fault. You just happened to pass through his life today.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
What have you gotten done so far
I've unpacked most of the stuff, and set aside what needs to be painted. Today was/is my birthday so I didn't get much done other than that. I'm hoping to decide what to do about painting soon... thinking about going through with the bed liner because I Have it on hand and don't want to pay the billion dollars for powder.

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
thinking about going through with the bed liner because I Have it on hand and don't want to pay the billion dollars for powder.
Powdercoating is cheap. I brought my windshield frame, rear toe link bar, subframe, hood hinge, and passenger foot rest to get done and it was only $150. I would have had them do way more stuff instead of painting. Buy once cry once.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
So far I was quoted ranges of 600 to 1400 for just the frame itself, without extras. The bed liner kit is in my garage. @OptimizePrime has raptor liner on his and it looks great.

If you need to weld, fix, or whatever a powder coated car you can't really touch it up easily.

Cry once, and over and over and over.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Powdercoating is cheap. I brought my windshield frame, rear toe link bar, subframe, hood hinge, and passenger foot rest to get done and it was only $150. I would have had them do way more stuff instead of painting. Buy once cry once.
1,300 hundred in Florida to do estimate, Would have cost more

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
My frame and misc. bits cost a total of $385, and it's a bang-up job in two different colors. I guess it just varies state-by-state, company by company.