Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Justin

Help hooking vacuum lines on Z54 turbo , This turbo has a extra vacuum connection does your new turbo have extra vacuum connection if so where do you hook it to my turbo doesn’t work
I have the zfr turbo which is the same as yours and I'm 99% sure that port is just left open. I will double check later when I get home

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
When you say "not working", what isn't working? Is it spinning? Is it building boost? Is it not opening the wastegate?

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
When you say "not working", what isn't working? Is it spinning? Is it building boost? Is it not opening the wastegate?
It wasn’t working at all, But I unplugged that one end and now it goes up to 25 or more
All I can say is wow what a difference in power

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Thank you !! I will unplug mine and see if my turbo Will start working
That fixed problem, I wasn’t expecting it to work so when I mashed on it, I was caught Off guard AND it startled me with all the power to go from no boost to 25 pounds the first time. WOW WOW WOW.

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru
Make sure you haven't disabled the boost control system! You could wind up having a catastrophic engine event.
If I send the ECM to ZZP they can tune it to limit the boost, Right.? Because right now it did go over 25 pounds of boost .
R I sent them a email but haven’t heard back yet

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I just heard back from ZZP and they said I did need to tune my PCM
They recommend remote tune
I talked with them about remote tuning and they add an extra 300$ because of the fact that it's a goblin, 100$ for a turbo, and +100 because I had a 2009.

There are other remote tuners out there that do it for far less than ZZP. The ZZP tune for a basic turbo goblin would run between $7-900.

FYI this is my build thread, if you have specific questions about your build or tunes you should probably make a separate thread for it :p

Vwsaabvt

Goblin Guru
I talked with them about remote tuning and they add an extra 300$ because of the fact that it's a goblin, 100$ for a turbo, and +100 because I had a 2009.

There are other remote tuners out there that do it for far less than ZZP. The ZZP tune for a basic turbo goblin would run between $7-900.

FYI this is my build thread, if you have specific questions about your build or tunes you should probably make a separate thread for it :p
I'm glad they are only about 3 hours from me. I think they added the additional fee sometime this year for remote tuning kit cars, but I think that the dyno tuning is still the same cost.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I'm glad they are only about 3 hours from me. I think they added the additional fee sometime this year for remote tuning kit cars, but I think that the dyno tuning is still the same cost.
When I emailed them about it he said all goblins got that charge because they've worked on enough of them to "fine tune" specific changes for the car, however your mileage may vary. Good luck in that. I'm having mine tuned by a local speed shop in person for about half the price and I'll be able to see how it fairs on the dyno.

Karter2026

Goblin Guru

I had my tune done by ZZP just about a month ago. It cost me no where near $700-to 900. My remote tune was only about $350 There were 5 revisions on it from the first tune 09 +$100, Supercharger +$100, LSJ Throttle body+$5 were my add on prices

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I had my tune done by ZZP just about a month ago. It cost me no where near $700-to 900. My remote tune was only about $350 There were 5 revisions on it from the first tune 09 +$100, Supercharger +$100, LSJ Throttle body+$5 were my add on prices
It's 700 if you get a goblin specific turbo 2009 tune, and then you have to also own HP tuners or rent from them which is where the 900 comes from.

I guess their words of caution are just a cash grab, here's their email:
The extra charge gives you the differences in the tune and our tuner custom setting up your vehicle. In the files, things have to be changed when they are in goblins or other vehicles. MAF placement, certain security issues, MAP and wiring items, etc etc. Giving a goblin customer our cobalt flash just doesn't work. So across the board we have to charge more for custom swaps.

Last edited:

Karter2026

Goblin Guru
They changed that page since I ordered mine. There are selections that were not there before. Apparently they were hoping for a one and done tune for my SC. But it took 5 try's and I am still not impressed with the end tune.

Lechlis

I will second Karter’s experience. I got a tune from them last Black Friday to use as a base tune. I went through 7 revisions before I stopped sending anything to Al. Each taking about 3-5 days from the time I sent in a new log to receiving an updated file. On revision 7, it was still running so rich that is smoked at idle and the logged misfire counter was off the chart.

It worked out well that I was working on a tune of my own in between revisions from ZZP. Feeling confident with HP Tuners from my own self taught tuning, I personally find it interesting that they say there is a need to treat it any different than a regular Cobalt.

Last edited: