Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
And we finally have a roller!

Alignment is hilariously off because I haven't done it yet, rear brakes aren't on because I was impatient. Still need to do passenger side coolant hose (AN16) and the rest of the intake IC piping plus all electrical on the rear.

285s in the rear for anyone interested. Fit great with 1.25" spacer adapters (to go from 110 to 114)

Big thank you to @Ark :D & @DCMoney for helping me out with suspension parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zoom Zoom

Goblin Guru

Alignment is hilariously off because I haven't done it yet, rear brakes aren't on because I was impatient. Still need to do passenger side coolant hose (AN16) and the rest of the intake IC piping plus all electrical on the rear.

285s in the rear for anyone interested. Fit great with 1.25" spacer adapters (to go from 110 to 114)
Looks very nice

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Worked on the passenger side radiator AN fittings last night and today worked on the intercooler piping. I'm not doing the DF route for coolant lines or intercooler.

Happy to have all my intake plumbing done.

Hoping to work tonight and tomorrow on the wiring hookup and such. Getting close to first start.

Attachments

Anks329

Big thank you to @Ark :D & @DCMoney for helping me out with suspension parts.
Congrats! Looking great

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Tonight I finally got the VXDiag and HPTuners hooked up and working with my obd port. I had some issues with the installation of VXDiag but I got that ironed out. I also forgot to plug in the red fusable wire from the front to the battery so once I got that hooked up I was smooth sailing. Everything seems to work as expected now, so I'm thinking my wiring job was spot on. Thanks to Lonny and Adam for setting aside the time from their busy schedules to make those new wiring videos.

On another note, I'm having fitment issues with the shifter cables hitting the stock transmission mount. Can someone show me a pic of theirs for routing assistance? I don't have the solid mount.

Hoping to get first start soon, I've done a few "custom" steps that have required extra finesse and tlc, so I'm a lil slow.

baustin

On another note, I'm having fitment issues with the shifter cables hitting the stock transmission mount. Can someone show me a pic of theirs for routing assistance? I don't have the solid mount.
I can get a picture tonight if no one else does before then.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
I can get a picture tonight if no one else does before then.
That'd be great. It's like the stiff part of mine is put right into the path of the bushing so it's not flexible enough to move around it. I've tried a few spots but I didn't wanna bend it too much.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
It looks like I have a different mount than you? Mine positions the cables directly into the engine mount. I tried various ways of installing and none of them appear to fit. I have two pictures attached, two routed under and two routed over. One MAY work (top) but the bottom one definitely contacts the mount with no room to spare.

@Lonny @Adam am I missing something?

20200911_095033.jpg

20200911_094946.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

OptimizePrime

Goblin Guru
Your mount plate is much different than mine. Looks like my mounts are closer to the bolt and to the left compared to yours - you may have the wrong mount?

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay, last weekend everything was basically OK so I ordered a new clutch position sensor for my relearn. My RPD turned on and everything was happy.

Fast forward to this weekend and now my RPD screen is a dark/black static looking screen and is no longer turning on. I don't think I've done anything to cause this (obviously I have, but i don't know what). Everything else works on the car, throttle, fuel pump, etc... but not the RPD and not the OBD2 port. Tech2 is working as expected but will not connect to the car, neither does my OBD2 scan tool or HPTuners.

I've gone through a few of my fuses but not all of them. Also rechecking all my grounds and wiring but its a big list to go through.

Anyone run into a blacked out RPD screen before? It's gotta be the GM dataline related, but everything worked last weekend.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

Ross

Goblin Guru
Sounds like a GM Lan issue. Not sure if my wiring diagram applies to your donor, as mine is a 2006. I'm beginning to think that everyone should put their donor car year and model in their signature line. Members ask questions, and don't mention their donor!

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Sounds like a GM Lan issue. Not sure if my wiring diagram applies to your donor, as mine is a 2006. I'm beginning to think that everyone should put their donor car year and model in their signature line. Members ask questions, and don't mention their donor!
Yeah sorry about that. It's an 09 ss/tc. I'm reviewing all my wiring diagrams to check but electrics aren't my strong suit. I have a hard time using an ohm meter because I keep forgetting what each selection in my tool means lol.