Mayor West's 09 SS/TC Ext. Track Turbo #191 [South Carolina] [Registered] [Sold]

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Tonight I was able to get some time slotted for the gob. I did my rear main seal, throw out bearing, flywheel/clutch, and transmission mounting.

I'm waiting on some new powder to come tomorrow so I can coat some more brackets, the spare oven is really coming in handy.

Pics of the progress, my garage is an absolute disaster bit I'm really enjoying the 3rd spots space.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Tonight I got the front suspension all done and powder coated a few more parts. Slapped the front wheels on for a photo shoot. Pardon the mess.

No brakes installed yet, I plan on powdering those this weekend if I get time.

Gonna take fathers day to myself and bust out the engine install, looking forward to freeing up some room in the garage.

Probably won't get as far as first crank, but it'll be nice to see it sitting in there.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
The color is "hyper black" and is more of a shiny darker greyish metallic. Honestly I'm not sure I like it and sort of wish I had gone black. I may have them painted down the road.

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Okay good. Next question, does everyone else have interior square threaded carriage bolts for their subframe? Mine have squares just below the domed top but since my subframe is circular it just spins and I'm weary of tightening it down.

Also, my rear of the subframe (front of the Cobalt) doesn't look like it's anywhere close to the frame holes by more than 4/4 of an inch on both sides.

Attachments

Ark :D

Goblin Guru
I have the same type of carriage bolts, but I just tightened them down as-is. There's nothing to grasp on that side of the bolt since they used the rounded-head bolts due to hose clearance, so I figured the square interior part is there to grab on and lock down.

My rear subframe bolt holes were off a tiny bit too, maybe like an eighth of an inch. I just used elbow grease to line it up and get them both started. Maybe they don't all come off the jig perfect.

Desert Sasqwatch

Goblin Guru
Square peg in a round hole will cause an interference fit of the carriage bolt heads and dig into the edge of the bolt holes a bit.
If you have a concrete chisel 'star drill" you can pean a small edge dimple into the edges of the bolt holes to make it slightly more square.

Attachments

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
Yeah it's set in perfect like a glove now.

I noticed when installing my transmission that my in between shield thing is blocki g the last subframe/trans mount. It lines up perfectly for the mount itself but the spacer thing is in the way.

It only looks to go on one way though. Really don't want to remove the transmission after just installing it.

Thoughts?

I wonder if I need to loosen it up and try and adjust it around but it has dowel pins and they both fit perfectly.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mayor West

Goblin Guru
The shield thing on the intermediate driveshaft off the passenger side of the transmission?
The plate that goes between the transmission bell housing and the flywheel side.

I attached pics in my previous post. The flywheel is visible through the plate and I'm told that's the correct orientation.

Added more pics

Attachments

Ross

Goblin Guru
I don't think the plate is in the correct orientation. It came out of that spot before it was disassembled, right?

Ross

Goblin Guru
The extra bump goes around the starter motor, and the missing section goes near the right half drive shaft.
You might be able to flip it if you get those backwards.